Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Connect Bridge and Araknis Network Issues

Connect Bridge and Araknis Network Issues

I have a system running and earlier version Connect Bridge (Approximately March 2017) on QS System. The networking equipment is all Araknis (SnapAV) and the connect bridge doesn't stay connected. I've defaulted the bridge, created a new logon and initially I get the system working on my app (iOS) and within days when I go back to the app I'm getting an unable to connect. This occurs both on the internal LAN and when I'm connecting via 4G or another WiFi network.

Anyone having similar issues with Araknis or any other brand of networking equipment? Any fixes?

Thank You in advance.

David Groves
    High IQ Homes of Texas, LLC

Is your bridge static or DHCP? If static I would change its IP and reservation just in case something might have been set static to the same address that only periodically goes online and creates a IP conflict when it does. If that doesn’t work use a hammer! Only kidding but you might just try aother bridge and see it that fixes things.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

The IP address is set to static. When I had it working after defaulting and creating a new ID the IP address was the same. In order to be sure I'll power toff and run an IP Scan to see if any other dives are using its IP address. From some reading I've done I think their are some differences between the older bridges and the newer bridges. Also minor differences in Networking hardware can cause these problems. Will keep updating.

Some things aren’t always active on the network though so if you run a scan a device using the same IP might not show up cuz its off. Easier to just put it away from everything else and leave it there. If you still have the same issues its something else but if you don’t, you’re done.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

There is a firmware update tool on the Lutron website under Design and Configuration Software. They say the CONNECT-BDG model needs to be replaced. Depending on the date code and your cajoling skills, you may be able to get some warranty credit. They even sent me a prepaid label to ship the last one back.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Randy,

I'm expecting the new bridge via my rep any day now. I've gone through the setup, defaulting, setup multiples times. I've gone from DHCP to Static and back also. I'm in the process of Beta Testing the Araknis ovrC Hub and they've identifed some issues that might (small chance) affect the Bridge. I'm certain it has something to do with the Bridge version and my QS version 13.2.

Every time I go to the activation page it asks me to press the button to reactivate the bridge.

New Connect Bridge gave me the same problems. Turns out between Bridge and Savant trying to connects I was getting too many Telnet Logins. in 13.x Lutron modified how Telnet logins work. Savant Profile did not recognize it.

Do you have a seperate user and pass setup for Savant? Is Savant trying to log into the QS processor or the Bridge. I don’t think in can connect directly to the bridge but I can’t say I’ve ever tried. I always connect AMX to the processor, bridges are new to me so I’ve never tried, just stick them in for the app.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

nice post thanks for this.