Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alexa won't find Lutron Connect Bridge Scenes

Alexa won't find Lutron Connect Bridge Scenes

I'm wondering if anyone might be able to give me advice. I have a lighting systems fully confiugred and working with the Lutron Connect Bridge and the iPhone app. I have the scense added under the Alexa menu as described by the Lutron documentation. I also have Alexa working with a variety of systems including Lutron Caseta and the Smart Bridge. However, Alexa fails to find the scenes that are available in the Lutron Connect app and bridge. I've gone into the Alexa app in Windows as well and selected Smart Home, Scenes, discover, but still nothing. I feel like the setup should be super simple, but no matter what I do Alexa will not find the scenes properly configured in the Lutron Connect app.

Does anyone have an tricks to try? Thanks.

The Lutron skill needs you to authorize the Lutron account to be accessed by Alexa/Amazon. After that, you should be able to discover from the Alexa app or by asking Alexa to discover new devices. If that doesn't work, disable the skill then re-enable.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    The Lutron skill needs you to authorize the Lutron account to be accessed by Alexa/Amazon. After that, you should be able to discover from the Alexa app or by asking Alexa to discover new devices. If that doesn't work, disable the skill then re-enable.
    Yes, have tried that to no avail. Also have reset router and all components. This should be super simple but no luck discovering devices or scenes.

Sounds like you have 1 house with 2 Lutron hubs- one is Caseta, one is Ra2 with connect?

That sounds like it would be hard to integrate with an Alexa, but hey I am just guessing.

I guess if you were going to follow troubleshooting 101 I would disconnect the Caseta Smart Bridge, delete that from the Alexa app, and then start fresh with just the Connect system.