Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Monitoring Shade Raise command

Monitoring Shade Raise command

Hi,

I'm looking to integrate my Lutron Radiora2 system with my hunter douglas platinum blinds. To make a long story short, I've created a device that can monitor the serial port of the Lutron main repeater, and directly control my hunter douglas blinds via RF. I've added shades into the RadioRa2 system that represent each of the shades in my house. My device then monitors those integration IDs via serial or telnet. It all works great when I'm using the Lutron App on my phone because I believe that app only uses the set position command to move the shades. If people are interested, I'd post the code and schematics to github. I spent a long time reverse engineering Hunter Douglas's RF signals. BTW, I appreciate that HD already has a bridge to do some of this, I have one--it sucks, which is why I did it on my own.

The trickier part is when I'm using some of the other systems that I have that integrate with Lutron. Those systems trigger blinds by using the blind raise, lower, or stop command (e.g., Actions 2-4). As far as I can tell, the problem with those commands is that they don't trigger any text output on the RadioRa2 repeater until the commands timeout. When you use the Set position action (1), that does trigger a lot of text output, which is why the Lutron app works great with my device. So my question is this--Is there any way for me to know via the integration interface when someone has issues a shade raise, lower, or stop command? Can I turn on additional monitoring?

Thanks,

Dan

There is a way to enable the output by the main repeater, been a while since I have done this.

Check here: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    There is a way to enable the output by the main repeater, been a while since I have done this.

Check here: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf
    If there is. I couldn't figure it out. Obviously, I tried enabling all of the obvious monitoring commands like Diagnostic and Event. If there is some other thing to enable, it has alluded me. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by danielblock View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking to integrate my Lutron Radiora2 system with my hunter douglas platinum blinds. To make a long story short, I've created a device that can monitor the serial port of the Lutron main repeater, and directly control my hunter douglas blinds via RF. I've added shades into the RadioRa2 system that represent each of the shades in my house. My device then monitors those integration IDs via serial or telnet. It all works great when I'm using the Lutron App on my phone because I believe that app only uses the set position command to move the shades. If people are interested, I'd post the code and schematics to github. I spent a long time reverse engineering Hunter Douglas's RF signals. BTW, I appreciate that HD already has a bridge to do some of this, I have one--it sucks, which is why I did it on my own.

The trickier part is when I'm using some of the other systems that I have that integrate with Lutron. Those systems trigger blinds by using the blind raise, lower, or stop command (e.g., Actions 2-4). As far as I can tell, the problem with those commands is that they don't trigger any text output on the RadioRa2 repeater until the commands timeout. When you use the Set position action (1), that does trigger a lot of text output, which is why the Lutron app works great with my device. So my question is this--Is there any way for me to know via the integration interface when someone has issues a shade raise, lower, or stop command? Can I turn on additional monitoring?

Thanks,

Dan
    Dan,

Can you please post the code for the bridge on github? I have older HD shades and would like to automate them.

Thank you,
    -- Alex