Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Google Home & Google Assistant Integration with Fan Switches

Google Home & Google Assistant Integration with Fan Switches

Hi All,

Currently have an RA2 Select system I am using with Google Home and Google Assistant. My switches and dimmers show up fine in the Google Home app, but my fan switches do not (RRD-2ANF) appear and are not controllable with voice commands. What am I missing and can this be fixed?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazplex View Post
    Hi All,

Currently have an RA2 Select system I am using with Google Home and Google Assistant. My switches and dimmers show up fine in the Google Home app, but my fan switches do not (RRD-2ANF) appear and are not controllable with voice commands. What am I missing and can this be fixed?

Thanks.
    Google does not see the fan controls because is does not have the level commands for them. Fast, slow, medium, etc. Have your programmer create a homeowner keypad or standard keypad (that will be virtual) in your system. Program that keypad for the different fan speeds. Use "Fan Stop" for off to avoid possible word issues with Google. This works like a champ in my master bedroom.

Note- homeowner keypads only appear in the app, if a "real" keypad is used- then do not activate (no physical keypad required) and it will be the same as a homeowner keypad.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

3. Thanks Tazplex thanked for this post
    Likes Tazplex liked this post
    Thanks Mike.

Tried logging in under contractor mode and wasn't able to add a homeowner or virtual keypad. Wondering if that is for RadioRA2 as I have RA2 Select? Regardless, I setup scenes for the five levels on the RRD-2ANF within the Lutron app as suggested, named them accordingly, re-synced with Google Home and its working perfectly with voice control.

The only difference is you have to say "Activate ceiling fan to 50%" (where 'Ceiling Fan to 50%' is the name of the desired scene, in this case) vs. "set ceiling fan to 50%" since it won't recognize it as a switch within Google Home, but that's easy enough.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tazplex View Post
    Thanks Mike.

Tried logging in under contractor mode and wasn't able to add a homeowner or virtual keypad. Wondering if that is for RadioRA2 as I have RA2 Select?
    Sorry, yes that was for RadioRA2, not Select. Missed that. I wish they'd create another sub-forum for Select.
    Try just creating a scene in the Select app and naming the scenes appropriately. I noticed the "activate" worked when running shades on Google. She doesn't like the "open" or "close" words. If you are happy with "activate", then skip the scene creation.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols