Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ra2 not operating

Ra2 not operating

Hi
    Our provider recently updated our internet connection and the Ra2 system does not work off the phone app anymore. I have power cycled the main repeater but the app still doesn’t recognize the system. Any ideas please? I’m sure it’s a simple fix but I’m a little dumb on this stuff!
    Thanks

Your modem needs to be in bridge mode. Most ISPs reset the modem when they update and non-bridge is the normal mode for them. ISPs will also randomly install updates so it make be working for months and you wake up one day and it has stopped.

Typically you have to call the ISP to get it back in bridge mode. Typically you will need to talk to 3 or 4 people before you find one that can do it.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    Hi
    Our provider recently updated our internet connection and the Ra2 system does not work off the phone app anymore. I have power cycled the main repeater but the app still doesn’t recognize the system. Any ideas please? I’m sure it’s a simple fix but I’m a little dumb on this stuff!
    Thanks
    It is possible (and likely) your main repeater is on a static IP address that is no longer compatible with the new modem. The new modem won't allow the main repeater to communicate. Contact your dealer and have him come check. Could be just a new ip address for the main repeater and connect bridge (if you have one).
    Last edited by SDR-Mike; 11-30-2018 at 11:04 AM. Reason: dreaded double post -- dreaded double post
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Agree with SDR. Cable/internet installers don't care about compatibly.
    Just had to change IP for a customer for this reason. Internet provider changed modem/router that had a different default IP range. Didn't bother to tell her about the IP issue. She found out when nothing was working. Said theirs has a built in default IP that can't be changed. She had to update her whole a/v rack. Including my repeater.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchE View Post
    Agree with SDR. Cable/internet installers don't care about compatibly.
    Just had to change IP for a customer for this reason. Internet provider changed modem/router that had a different default IP range. Didn't bother to tell her about the IP issue. She found out when nothing was working. Said theirs has a built in default IP that can't be changed. She had to update her whole a/v rack. Including my repeater.
    It's best practice to use a separate modem and separate router.