Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newbie questions on what I can automate

Newbie questions on what I can automate

All,

I'm looking at the Lutron Caseta Smart Bridge Pro, and trying to get a better understanding of what it can do, as I'm brand new to automation. Appreciate any feedback you might have.
    • Is it possible to program the system so that if someone turns on the hallway lights between 11pm and 6am, the lights go on at 50% instead of 100%? I know I can turn the lights on all night at 50%, but that's not what I want to do - I just want it at 50% _if_ someone turns the lights on during those times. If the Smart Bridge can't do this, has anyone had any luck running a nested IFTTT recipe that could handle this? I'm not interested in buying a significantly more expensive system just to get this functionality.
    • Has anyone integrated a Honeywell thermostat with the SmartBridge? What integration is there between those and the Smart Bridge - just the ability to check the thermostat and maybe increase the temp? I saw elsewhere that the Honeywell Lyric hasn't been opened up yet.
    • With regards to Nest integration, I'd like to setup the system so that if the Nest is set for away, and it's after dark, turn the lights on in the house so that it appears as though someone is home. Is that possible?
    • What about integration with some of the security systems - is it possible to have the Lutron Smart Bridge turn the house lights on if the alarm system is set to away and it's after dark?
    • Is there a way to backup the configuration on the Smart Bridge locally, in case there's a failure?
    • I read somewhere in the forums and saw on Google play that the Smart Bridge now supports geofencing - is there a place where I can see the new features added per release - Release Notes or similar?

Thanks!

So I've thought about this a bit more, and I think I have a solution to my first one - is this the best way to get this done?
    Problem: Is it possible to program the system so that if someone turns on the hallway lights between 11pm and 6am, the lights go on at 50% instead of 100%? I know I can turn the lights on all night at 50%, but that's not what I want to do - I just want it at 50% _if_ someone turns the lights on during those times. If the Smart Bridge can't do this, has anyone had any luck running a nested IFTTT recipe that could handle this? I'm not interested in buying a significantly more expensive system just to get this functionality.

Possible Solution:
    Since it's a three way scenario with a light switch at each end of the hallway, on one end, I put in an InWall Dimmer and 4-button Pico Pro, and at the other end, I put in just a Pico Pro. Both Pico Pros are configured with a nighttime scene, which runs the lights at 50%; otherwise, the lights are on at 100%. Basically, the InWall Dimmer is redundant, and people can just turn everyone on/off using the Pico Pros, and they can turn it on/off at 100% or 50%, depending on which scene they press.

Is that the best way to solve this one? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!