Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lutron Connect and Google Home Hub

Lutron Connect and Google Home Hub

I have been using Lutron Connect with Google Home for awhile now and Google Home is able to turn on and off devices in response to voice commands.
    Now Google has come out with their video screen based Google Home Hub where they display all the devices on the screen (the Google Home app has also been updated with the visual interface). All my devices (such as Nest, Arlo, Roku, and WeMo) show up except the Lutron devices. I have tried unlinking and relinking Lutron connect to the Google Home App but no luck.

Has anyone made this work?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hi Levine899,

We do have an app note on how to integrate with Google Home that can be found here at http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...2_and_HWQS.pdf and we are pretty sure you have used this.

If this is something new from Google that was just realeased, and we may not have the integration yet. We would recommend starting a case by emailing Hwsupport@lutron.com to help figure out what is going on. Hope this helps!

3. Thanks levine889_ thanked for this post
    Likes levine889_ liked this post
    Josh, thanks for responding. Yes, Google Home was successfully integrated with my Lutron system some time ago. It works great as long as I remember all the names of the lights. The Google Home Hub is something relatively new. It's nice in that it gives you a visual interface both on your phone and the Google Home Hub. The hub does control the Lutron devices through voice commands it's just they don't show up on the screen the way WeMo and Nest and Arlo devices do.
    I did submit a request through support@lutron and got case 00239322 on Nov 29. Brian W. asked me a couple of questions on Dec 4 which I replied on the same date. So far, nothing since.