Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights flash when turned on

Any chance someone found an resolution to this issue? I have two of these dimmers, one of them works fine, but the other one has this issue occasionally where it turns on full brightness, then off, then back on. It doesn't seem to be an issue that lowend adjustments would fix, but I have adjusted that to remove flickering when the bulbs are at the lowest dimmness.

I was able to resolve my issue. I was using Earthbulb LEDs. Replaced them with Phillips bulbs and the issue went away

I had a similar problem. Despite using compatible Halo recessed can LED lighting, in rooms where 4 cans were controlled by a single RR2-CL dimmer, I would get the single flash followed by the ramp up to desired brightness.

I fixed the problem by increasing the Fade On Rate from the default .75 seconds to 2 seconds. (Fade On Rate is accessed by right-clicking on the dimmer switch under the Design tab, then selecting Advanced Settings) The longer fade on time is hardly noticeable and the lights go on smoothly now.

Quote Originally Posted by 88keys View Post
    I had a similar problem. Despite using compatible Halo recessed can LED lighting, in rooms where 4 cans were controlled by a single RR2-CL dimmer, I would get the single flash followed by the ramp up to desired brightness.

I fixed the problem by increasing the Fade On Rate from the default .75 seconds to 2 seconds. (Fade On Rate is accessed by right-clicking on the dimmer switch under the Design tab, then selecting Advanced Settings) The longer fade on time is hardly noticeable and the lights go on smoothly now.
    unfortunately the fade rate can not be adjusted on the Caseta line.

Has anyone come up with a fix? No intention of trying various brand lights, going to return the kit + additional dimmer I purchased very soon. Thanks.

I've had the same issue. Installed multiple dimmers in my home and the majority work properly. The same dimmable LED bulbs are used throughout the house, so that can't be the issue. Haven't had a chance yet to fiddle around with low/high end adjustments, though in reading the previous posts I don't have high hopes. What I have noticed is that the two misbehaving dimmers are the ones with the most bulbs - one switch in the kitchen controls 8 pot lights and one in the basement controls 9. I'm not an electrician so this is where it goes beyond my pay grade. Thanks.

So is this company not replying to this issue? They just ignore it and hope it dies? I should've done my research. I'm having the same problem. It flashes when you turn it on. Lutron, any solution? I threw away all my boxes so I don't know if I can return it to home depot...

- - - Updated - - -

I just bought w Wemo dimmer on Amazon. I'll report back if it works.

Flashes once then sets to proper brightness.

I am in the same boat. I’ve looked at all the problems and am thoroughly frustrated that this is the best result. There is no solution? I welcome a phone call. I’m not interested in tips that help reduce the problem. I want to solve this. Is there any representative they can help?

I have the same issue

June 2019 and I have the same issue, I installed the Caseta dimmer to control our kitchen lights, 8 LED Feit brand that we purchased from Costco. The single flash issue when happens that the bulbs are cold and the dimmer is clicked to turn on full brightness, if I choose any range in between such as clicking the UP button on the dimmer itself it won't flash. I have spend a considerable amount of time and money to replace LEDs and their throughout the house so changing them is not an option. Lutron should come up with a solution. One said that a fade turn on worked and I think that should be implemented. Apart from that I did not like how the light turn on all of a sudden. What is the point of having a fancy and expensive switch and getting traditional results?

BTW blaming that others' LEDs are not compatible with the switch is not accepted, Feit is a good brand that Costco carries it so I am not sure I am ready to accept such a reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectagon View Post
    I am in the same boat. I’ve looked at all the problems and am thoroughly frustrated that this is the best result. There is no solution? I welcome a phone call. I’m not interested in tips that help reduce the problem. I want to solve this. Is there any representative they can help?

I Think I Found a Solution

Quote Originally Posted by protrader View Post
    June 2019 and I have the same issue, I installed the Caseta dimmer to control our kitchen lights, 8 LED Feit brand that we purchased from Costco. The single flash issue when happens that the bulbs are cold and the dimmer is clicked to turn on full brightness, if I choose any range in between such as clicking the UP button on the dimmer itself it won't flash. I have spend a considerable amount of time and money to replace LEDs and their throughout the house so changing them is not an option. Lutron should come up with a solution. One said that a fade turn on worked and I think that should be implemented. Apart from that I did not like how the light turn on all of a sudden. What is the point of having a fancy and expensive switch and getting traditional results?BTW blaming that others' LEDs are not compatible with the switch is not accepted, Feit is a good brand that Costco carries it so I am not sure I am ready to accept such a reasoning.
    I had this same issue, but I am only controlling 2 Halo LED downlight can retro fits. My lamps would flash at their highest brightness, turn off and then come on to the brightness setting the automation in my Homekit app was set for. However in my case, what I discovered is that the factory lower limit setting for the Caseta is in fact, set too high. My fixtures would only dim down to about 30% or so. So I lowered this setting down until my fixtures dimmed to off, saved it and my problem went away. Perhaps this can solve a few others issues? It of course will not be of much help for those who have LEDs that do not support having the lower limit set to off...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast