Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Homeworks 4 series and sivoia

Homeworks 4 series and sivoia

Currently have an older homework 4 series system with in wall keypads controlling sivoia shades. The hw 4 processor is connected to a HWI-Q96. I need for a new control4 system to control the shades, any suggestions?

It would just me a matter of integrating the two systems. Control4 can send commands to the Homeworks system to control the shades. We also have Control4 drivers available that will work with Homeworks Illumination or Homeworks Interactive. The drivers can be downloaded from the Homeworks resource website.

Yes, but I need to figure out what the virtual address of each shade is so that I can input that info into control4

You can run an addressing report using the Homeworks software.

Is that using illumination? Do I have to extract the project file to run the report?

You will need a copy of the file to run that report. You can attempt to extract the file if you do not have a copy. You would be using the Homeworks Illumination software if the system is Homeworks Illuminations. A Homeworks 4 series system can mean Illumination or Interactive.

How do I know which one to use? I've tried to extract using illumination and eventough it claims a correct extraction, I can't open the extracted file, I get a 3011 jet database error.

You can identify which system it is by the model number of the processor. If the extraction was successful and you cannot open the file, then the file is corrupt. If the file size is larger than 1MB, you can email the file to hwsupport@lutron.com and we can attempt to repair the file.