Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Homeworks 4 series and Sivoia Shades

Homeworks 4 series and Sivoia Shades

I have a retrofit system with a homework series 4 processor connected to a HWI-Q96 to control Sivoia shades. My question is, I can connect and talk to the HW processor via rs232 but the commands I send for the shades are not working. I am sending SVSS, <address>, <scene command>, <delay time> commands. The command seems to be accepted but the shades do not move. What am I doing wrong? Is this the right way to go about it? Can I send IP commands instead? Thanks.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    We would recommend programming the shades to a virtual or phantom keypad button, then sending RS232 commands to press these buttons. You could do the same over IP. Have you also configured a Serial Driver in the software to communicate If this is not working with button presses, please provide us with the project file and the commands you are sending.

Armando, what is the correct procedure to extract the project file? Thanks

Connect to the processor using the software in the Terminal screen, then go to "File->Extract project File".

I managed to extract the project file correctly but when i try to open it, I get the following error: "Microsoft Jet error and the error code is 3011." what can I do to fix this? All I need to do is find the address of the virtual keys so that I can input them into Homeworks control4 driver. Is there any other way I can get them?

If the extraction was successful and you cannot open the file, then the file may be corrupted. If the file size is larger than 1MB, you can email the file to hwsupport@lutron.com and we can attempt to repair the file.

If the system is still fully functional, you can connect to the processor and enable monitoring. With button and device level monitoring enabled when a button is pressed you will be able to see the address of the keypad as well as the address of the lights that responded, and the levels the lights went to. This can help in determine how the system is currently programmed and give you the addresses for Control4

ok, so I get a response like this for a button press when raising a Sivoia panel: KBP, [01:08:02:02], 1
    What would be the address of this device in control4? 822? 221? I am using the control4 driver and not sending direct one-way commands to the lutron homeworks processor.

Quote Originally Posted by laggs View Post
    ok, so I get a response like this for a button press when raising a Sivoia panel: KBP, [01:08:02:02], 1
    What would be the address of this device in control4? 822? 221? I am using the control4 driver and not sending direct one-way commands to the lutron homeworks processor.
    I am assuming these are RF keypads the address for control4 I believe needs the brackets, The break down is the first 2 digits 01 are the processor address. The next 4 digits 08:02 are the link the keypad is communicating on. The next 2 digits 02 are the address of the keypad on the link. The last digit 1 is the button number of the keypad. I don't believe Control4 can directly talk to the shades so they want you to talk to a button that the shades are programmed to. So KBP, [01:08:02:02], 1 when sent drives shade up based on the fact that is what is programed to that keypad button. Possibly if they used the next button to drive them down or stop them it would be KBP, [01:08:02:02], 2 for button 2

Since you can see these addresses on your terminal screen if you had proper communication you should see what your control4 system is also sending

Im not familiar with Control4 but I did find this document that seems helpful. How are you connected to the Homeworks system The RS232 parameters need to be correct for proper communication and feedback Most likely you need to setup a serial driver in the Homework's project to get proper feed back to control4.

Address Image.pdf....... Control4 Doc.pdf

Hope some of this was helpful

10. Thanks Armando B. thanked for this post
    Likes Armando B. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by laggs View Post
    Laggs

I happen to be able to get a hold of control4 software After reading the thread I wanted to check it out. From what I can see from my first time playing with it you would need to do as follows

Install the Lutron Homework's Network driver in Control4. You should do this first so any other Lutron drivers you install would automatically attach to do it. If you don't do that first you need to manually attach the drivers.

After installing the Lutron Network Driver you can in Control4 configure that driver to communicate either RS232 or TCP/IP. There documentation is pretty clear on how to do that.
    You will need to setup a serial driver using Homework's Illumination software in the Lutron project. Control4 documentation gives you all the port parameters to use. You would need to however have a copy of the Lutron project file and re upload with the new serial driver.

With in the Control4 composer you would drag in a Lutron Homeworks keypad driver. Once again there is documentation on how to format the Lutron KP address into Control4 useable address. Although I have no way of testing what I did it seemed correct. Looked like to me if you were setting a lutron address to Lutron keypad driver in composer you would use the digits for the processor. the link,the KP address. leaving off the button number since I believe the control4 driver handles that when you set a button number under programing. Keep in mind the address needs to be in brackets separated by a :

Once again I had looked at it for about an hour and having no prior knowledge of Control4 programing what I was seeing made sense. But testing it is another story. Maybe someone with Control4 programing knowledge could chime in and let us know if this is correct

On a side note I also looked at the QS drivers in control4 which seem to be a little less complicated on addressing since everything is based off integration ID

12. Likes Armando B. liked this post