Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daylight sensor

Mike -- Can you help me understand your Roll Back setting for something like a closet or pantry? This sounds like what I would like to be able to accomplish with a "timer" question posted in a previous thread that you were kind enough to reply to. If I can get a better understanding of what you are doing here that might be enough to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_West View Post
    Mike -- Can you help me understand your Roll Back setting for something like a closet or pantry? This sounds like what I would like to be able to accomplish with a "timer" question posted in a previous thread that you were kind enough to reply to. If I can get a better understanding of what you are doing here that might be enough to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!
    Sure. Under the Programming tab, find the room where you want to accomplish this timer. Upper Left, on top of the "device" box, you can choose from keypad, timeclock, thermostat, or occupancy. Select Occupancy, and you'll see the pull down for the room. Select your room. Below that room will give you a "Enable Rollback" selection. Click yes, then determine the amount of time you wish to use. If no buttons are pressed in the entire room, then the lights in that room will turn off when the timer expires. I use this in bathrooms (primarily guest), pantries, closets. Each one of those spaces needs it's own room in the design. Great way to add lighting control (more $$) in a space that is seldom used. Eliminates the need for the occupancy sensor.

Where it gets sticky is when you want to have a roll-back, and a sensor or timeclock event. Easiest solution is to breakout the individual device requiring rollback into it's own room. But this may cause some confusion for the homeowner when looking for that device via the app. I will usually use the delay feature in these spaces- ie., master bath, etc. Have the sensor or trigger the event. Lights and fan come on. Sensor times out and lights go off, but the delay on the fan allows for another X minutes of run time. For a timeclock event, something like the landscape lights off, but sconces at the door are delayed for another X minutes. This saves extra events, but may cause confusion, but I find large numbers of timeclock events are more confusing than running the delays. Too bad there isn't a timeclock report (cough, cough- Lutron, are you listening (for the last 6 years?)).
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

3. Thanks Richard_West thanked for this post

Time

My lights outside don’t go off at sunrise. I suspect my time clock is off. How do I check it or correctly set it?

@heffpart- What system are you running? RA2 Select gets the time from the internet and the location of the phone when programmed. RadioRA2 main repeaters get their time from the laptop that programmed the system.

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    @heffpart- What system are you running? RA2 Select gets the time from the internet and the location of the phone when programmed. RadioRA2 main repeaters get their time from the laptop that programmed the system.
    If you are using the bridge with Ra2 does it still only get it's time from the laptop. I have assumed that once a bridge is connected or is part of a system anytime you connect using the app the time is resynced. Am I incorrect?

Connect Bridge should be receiving it's time from the internet, I do not believe it gets the info from the main repeater. If you are running through a VPN of some sort to mask your local WAN address, the VPN may be reporting a different time to the bridge. Check to see if your phone has the location setting allowing Lutron access at all times. Run for a day, see if it corrects the issue. Then you should be able to turn off the location.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12