Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Virtual Keypads for RadioRa 2 on Lutron Home Control+

Authorized Lutron Contributor

Virtual Keypads for RadioRa 2 on Lutron Home Control+

We received a question on this topic from a designer and we thought it was a good idea to share the information on the forum:

You are able to select keypads on the design tab of the screen, select the button configurations you want, program the buttons, but not activate the keypads to the system. After a transfer, since they have integration IDs as soon as they are added to the design screen, the app will be able to display these keypads and the programming on the buttons will execute. Please be aware you will not be able to use the Main Repeater's phantom button on the Lutron Home Control+ app as they are used only for integration purposes.

2. Likes Ty W., schalliol liked this post
    This is a good point and one I use all the time. Nice to pass it on.

I guess I can't edit my post, but I suppose I should add if this is a common usage, it might be nice to have an option in the system called "Virtual Keypad' that when checked would prevent error messages to be shown in the software upon transfer. Since I use this, I've desensitized myself to errors. Clearly this is a small point!

5. Likes wkearney99, LightBrigade liked this post
    I also like the idea of having the software be able to 'ignore' updating the virtual keypads.

And is there a way for the tablet apps to not list the rooms alphabetically? I've just put my virtual keypads into a roomed named 'Accessory Keypads' and that at least comes out on top of the listing. But it'd be nice to have a way to manually 'weight' the rooms so they're sortable in perhaps a more controllable fashion. I was initially expecting them to come up in the same order they'd be arrange in the RA2 software.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    At this time, you can only toggle the option that sorts the devices alphabetically. When not sorted alphabetically, the rooms/devices will be listed in the order that they were created in the database.

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    I guess I can't edit my post, but I suppose I should add if this is a common usage, it might be nice to have an option in the system called "Virtual Keypad' that when checked would prevent error messages to be shown in the software upon transfer. Since I use this, I've desensitized myself to errors. Clearly this is a small point!
    Wouldn't you just use that as part of the name of the device, then you will see it in the programming or App?

On a side note, if you have triggered time-clock events, this is a great way to not have "real" buttons inadvertently pressed, specifically when these are semi-occasional events. You may label them well on a traditional keypad, but someone unfamiliar may accidentally turn something on and without seeing something immediately come on they may leave it on when it shouldn't be. Similar problem with a 100% all-off button, if you have a guest or child and place these poorly they are troublesome. If you are using the App, this may be a better place for them.