Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Access the system on a pc or mac?

Access the system on a pc or mac?

We did an illumination system for a client long time ago. There wasn't any app back at that time, he uses the web browser to control his system. We just did a homeworks QS system for his new place, now he is asking if he can control Homeworks QS on a web browser because he prefer to use a computer than the app on iphone or ipad. I called Lutron tech support, and was told Lutron didn't carry the web browser feature over to Homeworks QS, and I searched app store on mac, I didn't see any app for mac, and I don't think there is any software on pc for client to control the system. So is there a way for my client to control Homeworks QS on a pc or mac?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for the feedback. The web browser from Homeworks Illumination is not available in Homeworks QS.

Currently we would control the Homeworks QS system from the Home Control + App, which is available for Android, iPhone, or iPad.

The other control option would be to set up a Telnet connection from a PC or MAC to send string commands. However, this is the third-party control method, and is not homeowner friendly.