Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Weather Forecast Integration

Weather Forecast Integration

Hi,

Has anyone integrated a RA2 installation with a local weather forecast solution? A module that receives local weather information and triggered events via telnet.

I would like to trigger some of my Timeclock events based on weather data. As an example, if “wind speed”<15 MPH, and “Daily High Temperature”>75, then “Timeclock Mode”=”Normal”.

Thank you in advance.

Not here, but a few weeks after this post was made, I'd like to note this would be nice.

I actually would like to use something for this to make astronomical-based events to fire earlier if it's every cloudy/rainy, etc. Sure, sensors could be put in in each room, but that's not ideal. Further, if it's a really dark day, lights outside should come on earlier, etc.

Hi Schalliol,

Thank you for the support. It's nice to know I am not the only one looking for this functionality.

This is trivial if you're using a separate Home Automation controller, such as Indigo running on OSX. Use the WeatherUnderground plugin and the RadioRa2 plugin. Probably wouldn't even need to write any code. But if you did, it would be a half-dozen lines of Python.

I am personally working on a solution like this that will work with URCs Total Control and the integration to Lutron will be through the DashOS module.