Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L?BDGPRO?WH vs. L?BDGPRO2?WH

L?BDGPRO?WH vs. L?BDGPRO2?WH

What's the difference between the Smart Bridge Pro L?BDGPRO?WH and L?BDGPRO2?WH?

2. Likes sanremo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by asherrick View Post
    What's the difference between the Smart Bridge Pro L?BDGPRO?WH and L?BDGPRO2?WH?
    Don't know this for certain but I think the L?BDGPRO2?WH works with HomeKit. I could definitely be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by therockhr View Post
    Don't know this for certain but I think the L?BDGPRO2?WH works with HomeKit. I could definitely be wrong though.
    I was wondering that. I tried to activate Siri control in the Lutron app today, and it says that my Smart Bridge Pro isn't compatible or new enough (can't remember the exact messaging). I would have thought this support for this could be added via a firmware update to the SBP. Anyway, it would be nice to know what other differences there might be between the two SBP models.

Quote Originally Posted by asherrick View Post
    I was wondering that. I tried to activate Siri control in the Lutron app today, and it says that my Smart Bridge Pro isn't compatible or new enough (can't remember the exact messaging). I would have thought this support for this could be added via a firmware update to the SBP. Anyway, it would be nice to know what other differences there might be between the two SBP models.
    I also tried to use siri Integration today and it says I need a newer Smart Bridge Pro. It seems like this need only a software/firmware update but regardless I'd like to update to whatever the latest is. Apple store did not list them but I can find a part number that looks like it is version 2 in the caseta brochure and there are sites selling these. I also noticed some pico scene controllers are now available. Can anyone confirm that they have smart bridge pro working with Homekit/Siri? What part number is required? I need to SBP rather than the SB.

When swapping out the SBP1 for the SBP2, is there a way to preserve all the configuration that has been set up? I have many lights and shades that would take a long time to reconfigure. Is the SBP2 any faster at adding a device? I can email myself the integration report but it doesn't look to have enough info to configure a new system. Could telnet be enabled so I can get configurations and set them up on new device?

https://twitter.com/Lutron/status/605732675396218880

Explanation from Lutron:

"Check that the model # starts with L?BDG2, or LBDGPRO2. These models support HomeKit. Thanks for reaching out."

I've confirmed it with Lutron. There is no upgrade path for existing SBP users. Apparently there were some changes so in order to use Apple HomeKit, you need to move to new hardware, aka SBP2. So far, there is no program/rebate/swap at the moment for current owners of SBP. :(

Does the Smart Bridge automatically update its firmware? If not, that might explain why there's a new SKU.

The hub will probably not be upgradeable to allow homekit access because apple requires specific chips to access this...it is doubtful that Lutron included those chips in the older hubs.

Can anyone confirm if the new Smart Bridge will allow Nest control via Siri by acting as a home kit bridge as well, or just lights and shades?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast