Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L?BDGPRO?WH vs. L?BDGPRO2?WH

New smart bridge doesn't control nest with Siri.

The way the Lutron app controls nest is by logging into the nest account. The smart doesn't actually control nest as best as I can tell. It's just the caseta app that is controlling the nest. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have setup two caseta systems since homekit support was released. It works perfectly locally but I am having issues connecting through iCloud remotely to the Apple TV for control.

The way the whole system works is exactly like the diagram in the tech document shows from Lutron. The Apple TV talks to the bridge, the app isn't used except to set some permissions.

I feel sorry for tech support, it looks like the issues are on apples end. I bet they won't be worked out until iOS 9.1.
    Last edited by Lukeetal; 06-05-2015 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Double post

I can't get to page two, maybe this post will do it.

Just in case there is someone still watching this thread or comes across wanting the homekit access, I have the gen2 STANDARD (not pro) bridge. I don't use homekit, but I do have a need for pro. I'd be open to a trade, for anyone that wants homekit but doesn't need pro.

Edit: Or, if you've alread upgraded to gen2, I'll buy you a 6pack for that old pro you have sitting in the junkbox!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12