Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hvac controller failure Urgent Help

Hvac controller failure Urgent Help

I have a system where it has been working fine for 1 year, right now the Hvac controllers are not working (3 out of 4 ), if i try to set the temperature on the wall controller, the leds (green and red) go up and down, and nothing happens, i have the leds (low battery & link) blinking at the same time (in all of the 3 Hvac controllers)the rest of the system is working fine, any ideas why is doing that?, thanks a lot for the help

Same problem here. Started happening when i upgraded to Inclusive 8.0. I have reset the seetemp thermostat and sent the programming again and the problem is fixed for a couple of days. Then it happens again.
    No idea how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by savimagc View Post
    I have a system where it has been working fine for 1 year, right now the Hvac controllers are not working (3 out of 4 ), if i try to set the temperature on the wall controller, the leds (green and red) go up and down, and nothing happens, i have the leds (low battery & link) blinking at the same time (in all of the 3 Hvac controllers)the rest of the system is working fine, any ideas why is doing that?, thanks a lot for the help
    Have you worked this out with Lutron tech support yet?

When it happened to me, I contacted lutron Support. They were extremely helpful.

First I thought it was a range problem as the auxiliary repeater that was covering the area where the seetemp was was getting disconnected when the shades were lowered as the shades were hitting the ac adapter. I fixed it and the problem went away for some time and came back.

Then I sent a support file and they found a corruption in the seetemp programming (probably due to the many times I reset it and transfered to it). They had me reset it with a cuadruple tap instead of a triple tap. The problem was again fixed temporarily.

In the end I found that the second stage of the ac was not working. The ac technician found that the surge protector for the ac unit was tripped and he reset it.

The problem has been fixed for about a week. I would recommend checking the hvac controller wiring and trying to start the machine manually to see if it is a problem with the ac unit that is causing the controller to not work properly.

5. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post