Extracting the XML
The HomeWorks QS XML (stands for "Extensible Markup Language") document contains detailed information about the programming of the system (keypads/buttons, HVAC zones, time clocks, etc.). Some Lutron drivers of 3rd-party systems have the ability to import this document to streamline the programming process when setting up the 3rd-party system to control the HWQS system.
To acquire the XML from a HomeWorks QS processor, follow these steps:
- Using a computer, connect to the same network where the processor resides.
- Open up an Internet browser.
- Navigate to the processor's web page by placing the processor's IP address in the web address field. For example, instead of "google.com", enter in "192.168.1.101" or whatever the IP address of the processor is. The below image should appear.
- Enter "lutron" as the username and "lutron" as the password and press the "Enter" button.
- Right-click the "Get Database Info as XML" link and save the target as a file.