Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smart Bridge Pro not responding

Smart Bridge Pro not responding

A few months ago I purchased a Smart Bridge Pro and it has worked flawlessly since day 1. It is connected to an Apple Airport Extreme router and controls numerous dimmers in our house. Love it.

Tonight I booted up the app and it wouldn't connect. I've tried the following:

- Logged out and quit the app
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled the app
    - Unplugged power from Smart Bridge and powered back up.
    - Unplugged power from both Smart Bridge and Airport Extreme and powered back up.
    - Held black button on back of Smart Bridge and the white led flashed

I still can't get the app to log back in. I enter my username and password and for a split second a screen flashes that says I signed in successfully and something about an authorization code. Then I get a "Can not connect to your Smart Bridge" error message and I'm back at login. I took screenshots of both of these and attached them.

How do I get my Smart Bridge back?!?!?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0586.PNG 
Views:	18 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0587.PNG 
Views:	21 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	342

I have the same problem since this afternoon. Can't connect to the SmartBridge. Looks like everybody is having the same issue.

<insert angry face>

I am having the same issue as of May 01 2015, updated app on both iPhone and android devices a while back and was working fine until today when suddenly none of my devices are able to connect to the Smart Bridge Pro. Wall Pico remotes still appear to work along with pre-programmed scenes but i do not have any control from app which means no way to activate or edit scenes. From the looks of things a lot of people are having issued after the update and more specifically today.
    Somebody please make this better.

Also OP Great job on that screen shot, i was definitely not fast enough to catch that before the can not connect.

LOL! It took me like 6 attempts to snag that screenshot!

I guess I feel better (kinda) that it's not just me.

I can confirm that I updated the app a few days ago (loved adding the widget on iOS) and I used the app last night and it worked fine. Today is when the problems started. That tells me it's not a specific app issue (since it worked for days on the new version) but something unique to today. Wonder if a new firmware got pushed to the bridge?

Your post made me go check my exterior scenes. It looks like they did not activate. Perhaps that was during one of my many reboots though. Not sure. Hope we get this fixed soon!

To be fair the only automated scenes i know worked were my wake up and lights out after sunup ones from this morning. Now that i think about it my IFTTT scene didnt run when i got home tonight..... I also feel better that it is not just me but still frustrated, now I have to turn everything off when i go to bed rather than turning house off from bed :(

I have the same problem.

If they pushed a firware update, this is definitely NOT OK. After I bought something, I should be the one to decide if anyone can break it or not.

I can still access my SBP locally from my computer, but not from the app. This means either the lutron servers are down or they broke our boxes with a firware update. Either way, the fear I had that eventually this thing would break because of something done by the company just got real. Much faster than I anticipated.

Making it necessary to access the bridge through lutron's server is the worst idea ever. Even if Lutron could guarantee 100% uptime, I'd still need everyone between my phone and Lutron and everything between Lutron and my bridge that promise. In other words, I'd need my phone company, ISP, everything to work fine. But there's no need for that.

Please Lutron, let us connect directly to our bridges. There's no need for your server to manage which lights I turn on or off in my living room.

And btw, I don't think this is an update problem. My app says it last updated Jan 6, 2015. So either they broke the box by sending a new broken firmware or their own server is down. My money would be on their server being down but what do I know...

Just spoke with customer support-- they indicated this was a server issue and that they are doing emergency maintenance on it now-- problem is widespread. No ETA on fix, but gave me a case # and recommended I call back if problem isn't resolved in the next 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVince View Post
    And btw, I don't think this is an update problem. My app says it last updated Jan 6, 2015. So either they broke the box by sending a new broken firmware or their own server is down. My money would be on their server being down but what do I know...
    The app updated to v2.0 about a week ago, which included Geofencing (which I set up and was using successfully). Yesterday, Apr. 30 it worked fine, and I specifically know I was still on V2.0. This afternoon I could not access my Smart Bridge Pro, and I noticed it was V2.1. Since I have auto-update on, the app updated sometime last night.

Quote Originally Posted by davisadm View Post
    The app updated to v2.0 about a week ago, which included Geofencing (which I set up and was using successfully). Yesterday, Apr. 30 it worked fine, and I specifically know I was still on V2.0. This afternoon I could not access my Smart Bridge Pro, and I noticed it was V2.1. Since I have auto-update on, the app updated sometime last night.

I have v1.4 and I'm stuck as much as everyone else. Lutron confirmed server issue.

This is a design flaw. We should be able to SSL directly to the SBP when on the same LAN, not go through lutron's server. As it is, I would tell anyone to stay away from this product. It's slightly better than wink or staples, but this design flaw is a product killer imho.

If I had to do it again, I would go with zigbee or zwave. Both are much less reliable than clear connect as far as wireless connection goes, but at least you don't need Big Brother's permission to turn on a light.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast