Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta dimmer with ceiling fan?

Caseta dimmer with ceiling fan?

I've got an Emerson Midway Eco ceiling fan that doesn't have a dimmer as it was designed for GU24 CFL's. The fan and light are controlled through a single hardwired physical switch that turns power off and on. The light (off or on), speed and direction of the fan are controlled by an Emerson remote control. What I'm mainly interested in is adding dimmable functionality to the bulbs in the fan.

To do so I plan on replacing the current CFL's with GE Link LED bulbs with an GU24-E36 adapter and a Wink Hub. I know this will give me the ability to control and dim the lights from the Wink application, but can a Caseta switch with dimmer be programed to do the same?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by The_glassman View Post
    I've got an Emerson Midway Eco ceiling fan that doesn't have a dimmer as it was designed for GU24 CFL's. The fan and light are controlled through a single hardwired physical switch that turns power off and on. The light (off or on), speed and direction of the fan are controlled by an Emerson remote control. What I'm mainly interested in is adding dimmable functionality to the bulbs in the fan.

To do so I plan on replacing the current CFL's with GE Link LED bulbs with an GU24-E36 adapter and a Wink Hub. I know this will give me the ability to control and dim the lights from the Wink application, but can a Caseta switch with dimmer be programed to do the same?
    The_glassman,

Unfortunately, the Caseta Wireless dimmers cannot control the GE Link LED bulbs.

The GE Link LED bulb will require a Link or Wink Hub to be controlled. More information can be found here: http://gelinkbulbs.com/.