Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: amazon echo support?

Quote Originally Posted by etsandig View Post
    Funny like no matter how much testing is done, there is always more problems showing up!
    I have uploaded a new version (https://s3.amazonaws.com/accelere/hu....1-x64-osx.zip), shouldn't need the chmod anymore, just unzip it. Follow the new instructions to help resolve your issues.
    :-)
    Thanks for such a quick reply! Unfortunately, it's still crashing when parsing the XML from the repeater. "uncaught exception cannot read property \foreach\ of undefined". Let me know if you need more specifics, I'll be happy to provide.

I am looking at the following solution:caseta->smart hub pro->simplehub->amazon echo.The simple hub is just a basic android device (https://www.simplecontrol.com/simple-hub/). The software can be purchased alone for $49 and runs on android.I just do not like that I need to have so many cloud accounts for all this to work (lutron, simple control and amazon!)

I don't have an Echo, but thank heavens OS X is primary on this. Well done!

Heaven help you if you need support. The ego that runs the formerly-known-as-Roomie product (simple) is notoriously thin-skinned when it comes to customers asking for help with bugs and difficult integrations. The technology is rough enough without vendors behaving that way.

etsandig - It's WORKING for me. I'll see you at the Google Group you set up to discuss support!

Davedavez - be sure you terminated the earlier version if that was still running, delete the earlier file, put the new file where you want it and launch it with the ./{filename** command. In my case I was able to leave the old config file the first version created and therefore it found the IP address for everything and started. I then refreshed the page in Chrome (to make sure it pulled the new page from the webserver it's running) and the download button WORKED without crash. I have ~70 devices... maybe you have far more?

INCREDIBLE... Huetron works GREAT! Spoken control of all RR2 lights via Alexa!

Maybe someday Lutron will do this their way, but "etsandig" has absolutely cracked this. It works fantastic for me in my home, with a few minor bugs I've submitted, but the basics work!!

I can command Alex to turn on or off any of my Radio Ra 2 zones... and no stupid suffix-phrase Alexa makes you speak for many third-party devices. I just say "Alexa turn on Living Room lights" and they're on, and she gives the "Okay" reply, just like it used to work via SmartThings in my home.

Better yet, etsandig gives a web interface to allow a "spoken name" for any radio ra 2 zone. So you don't have to change your RR2 zone names to something simple to speak and differentiate... leave all as is in RR2 and give it a simple name you want to speak in the Huetron config page.

And of course the Alexa interface for smart devices already gives you a group function, so you can put a bunch of lights into a group and give it a single name, like "outside lights". So Huetron doesn't need grouping, it's there in the Alexa interface and it's working for Huetron-linked devices.

This is fantastic... I have complete spoken Alexa control over all my lights and switches.

Etsandig is a rockstar!

A few tips that tripped me up for a few minutes... maybe will help others who want to get this working.

1) Once you have Huetron running, your devices imported, and then you've saved the local file (all within the Huetron page interface), don't forget that you need to run a "discover devices" command on Alexa, by voice or in the web interface (http://alexa.amazon.com/#settings/connected-home) on via the app.

2) I first tried grouping lights by giving them all the same "spoken name" in Huetron's Radio Ra page. Alexa didn't like that one bit. They all need unique names. You can group them into groupnames via the Alexa devices interface.

3) Don't forget that if you make changes via RR software, you need to have Huetron download the new devices table, then press "save" in Huetron to get it to save an updated local table. THEN then give new devices a new spoken-name if you want (optional) via Huetron's Alexa config page. THEN, go to Alexa's interface page (http://alexa.amazon.com/#settings/connected-home) and have it re-discover devices.

4) It looks like Huetron's great "spoken name" field is OPTIONAL for any zone. If you don't enter one, it will just work off the zone name you've given it in RR software. It's basically a spoken "alias" name for a zone.

Thanks to some great support from etsandig, it's now working. If you have Plex Media Server running, it will grab the UPNP port huetron wants and prevent it from starting properly. I started huetron first and then Plex and so far no ill effects, but I don't use UPNP so your mileage may vary.

Amazon hasn't made Echo integration easy for the hobbyist, so huge thanks to etsandig for this! My wife's support of future home automation projects just went up a notch. :)

Dave - did all your lights come in to huetron? i got 29 of mine in, but there are a bunch that didn't come across. Just curious how many lighting zones you have and how many came through?

Quote Originally Posted by joshg View Post
    Dave - did all your lights come in to huetron? i got 29 of mine in, but there are a bunch that didn't come across. Just curious how many lighting zones you have and how many came through?
    Alexa's limit is 29 devices. No idea why that odd number.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast