Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: URC Total Control to Ra2 Complete Integration With Raise/Lower Controlling Volume

URC Total Control to Ra2 Complete Integration With Raise/Lower Controlling Volume

I wanted to share some cool integration that I have been testing at home, and have just started implementing in clients homes. I am using a third party integration module made by DashOS for URC Total Control that loads into the MRX and gives complete integration to Lutron Ra2 and QS. The coolest part is all the events that it makes possible. I am using events that are called "while" which allow me to program the raise and lower buttons to repeat volume commands as the buttons are being pressed, and stop when released. In completely custom installs, this allows us to use Lutron keypads for A/V also, so that we can have that complete custom look and access to custom colors. There are a number of other cool things this module allows like querying lighting levels, and triggering audio based on occupancy, keypad button press and multi press events. Also I have level events that allow me to use a Ra2 dimmer to shut off music in a room.

Another cool example is when I walk in my bathroom, the URC system gets triggered by the Lutron occupancy to check if anything is playing in the master bed room, and syncs that. If nothing is playing in the master bed, Pandora starts playing, at different volumes based on time of day. Then when I shut off the dimmer on the way out, it shuts off the music also.

I am completely excited about this integration and the potential it has and wanted to share it here with this community. In the past our company was selling VCRX units to install by the URC controller that would give us closed contacts to use for triggering macros, but we were very limited and also this wouldnt work with Picos. We now sell this on every install that has Lutron and URC, and our clients are loving the added functionality.

I had tried to share this info here before in a really poor way, and was banned for "link baiting", which I totally understand. And I hope that this post in no way breaks any rules, I just want other dealers to know about the awesome integration that is available.

Thanks,
    Justin

2. Thanks DigitalRyan thanked for this post
    Likes DigitalRyan liked this post
    I also want the share my amazing experiences and feedback with the DashOS for URC. I have been working with DashOS for a few months now and could not see every installing a URC system with RA2 without it. It has changed my whole outlook with system design and implementation. The best part is it also makes installing a system much faster. Now that i do not have to spend hours pulling cat 5 and cutting holes where clients do not want an extra hole in the wall i can focus more on programming in better features, making a system more streamlined, and make the look of the finished system more discrete. Clients also love the fact that i am giving them more for their money in terms of features and functionality with DashOS.

The ease of programming with DashOS is awesome, and the Flexibility it brings to my systems is exactly what i have been asking URC for. Now we can work back into existing RA2 systems and Homeworks systems to give clients a true integrated home feel.

Here is a great example of what i have been using my DashOS Lutron integration for in my home. I have streamlined my system down to RA2 keypads only, and no more TKP-100's. This helps me in 2 ways, 1. i now have 12 macro buttons to play with (press, and double press) 2. made it way easier to add a keypad in 2 areas of the house where i had no access to run wires for a new keypad so in comes the Hybrid Keypad in place of a light switch and now i have a 11 button keypad with a light switch and volume control.

Thanks DashOS for bringing us great features, flexibility, and functionality to our URC control platform!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalRyan View Post
    The ease of programming with DashOS is awesome, and the Flexibility it brings to my systems is exactly what i have been asking URC for. Now we can work back into existing RA2 systems and Homeworks systems to give clients a true integrated home feel.

Here is a great example of what i have been using my DashOS Lutron integration for in my home. I have streamlined my system down to RA2 keypads only, and no more TKP-100's. This helps me in 2 ways, 1. i now have 12 macro buttons to play with (press, and double press) 2. made it way easier to add a keypad in 2 areas of the house where i had no access to run wires for a new keypad so in comes the Hybrid Keypad in place of a light switch and now i have a 11 button keypad with a light switch and volume control.

Thanks DashOS for bringing us great features, flexibility, and functionality to our URC control platform!!!!
    I did not realize that a double press was sent differently is this specific to DashOS or something that is available in other 3rd party drivers? I will have to go check the RTI driver now. Sounds very cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAS-TX View Post
    I did not realize that a double press was sent differently is this specific to DashOS or something that is available in other 3rd party drivers? I will have to go check the RTI driver now. Sounds very cool though.
    Sorry for the incredibly slow response here. This is specific to Dash OS, we are handling the logic on the back end.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Spin View Post
    Sorry for the incredibly slow response here. This is specific to Dash OS, we are handling the logic on the back end.

Does this work with all the URC-MRX Controllers?
    Does Dash OS work with RTI?

Quote Originally Posted by GLDCSTAV View Post
    Does this work with all the URC-MRX Controllers?
    Does Dash OS work with RTI?
    It will work with all URC MRX Controllers. Dash does not currently support RTI but we hope to very soon.

Thanks,
    Justin

Great, Thank you

This sounds sweet... but how do I get the software for the MRX? I talked to my local URC dealer, and they said they could sell and program the equipment, but I wouldn't have the software. You guys must be dealers putting this into your own homes - or how did you work that out?

Quote Originally Posted by rdgerken View Post
    This sounds sweet... but how do I get the software for the MRX? I talked to my local URC dealer, and they said they could sell and program the equipment, but I wouldn't have the software. You guys must be dealers putting this into your own homes - or how did you work that out?
    We are dealers putting this into our homes and our clients. This thread was targeted towards dealers who deal both Lutron and URC.

Question 4 years later is DASHos still around?

I am not finding much online about this DASHos? Does it still exist?