Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Can you determine current file name that is loaded to processor

Can you determine current file name that is loaded to processor

Is there anyway to connect to a processor and know the last upload filename and time? Anything in telnet? I want to upload a file remotely and would like to verify the current loaded file name to make sure someone else didn't make changes to a system and forgot to save the file to our shared server.

Thank you

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    There is no integration command to see the last transfer time or name of the file that was transferred to the processor. The only way to best find out is to connect to the processor locally and extract the file running in the processor.

Coordinating a visit can be a big deal for some of our jobs. Would selecting 'sync homeowner edits' possibly throw a warning when connected remotely? In this situation it would be good to know that YES the databases match so no need for a visit if you were not SURE of the rev you had on your laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    Coordinating a visit can be a big deal for some of our jobs. Would selecting 'sync homeowner edits' possibly throw a warning when connected remotely? In this situation it would be good to know that YES the databases match so no need for a visit if you were not SURE of the rev you had on your laptop.

If you have remote access to site why not just throw a local machine on site and keep the database on that machine You can do that for under 400.00 Luckily most of my clients have a IT team so I'm luck enough to get a VM from them to RDP into. This saves a lot of site visits for me.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...279&CatId=2313

Of course a better machine means faster and better remote We have used something similar to this NUC

http://www.amazon.com/NUC-Leon-2x4GB...1&keywords=nuc

Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    Of course a better machine means faster and better remote We have used something similar to this NUC

http://www.amazon.com/NUC-Leon-2x4GB...1&keywords=nuc
    That's a good idea our company has used with mixed results in the past, thank you. I'd rather pay Lutron for remote access and monitoring. Getting an email alert from a processor or the Lutron Mothership that a system or system component was offline would be a huge improvement to the current remote access scheme.