Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What is the difference between different LED Logic options

Authorized Lutron Contributor

What is the difference between different LED Logic options

We received this question from a customer, and thought others might be interested in this topic...

Can you please explain the difference between the different LED logic options.

1. Room - LED is on (true) when at least one of the zones in the Press List is on. Otherwise, the LED is off (false). Room logic is typically used as a monitoring function (i.e. Are any of the basement lights on?).
    2. Scene - LED is on (true) when all of the zones in the Preset List are at the exact programmed levels. Otherwise the LED is off (false). Scene logic is typically used to tell what state a room is in (i.e. Is the Family Room in the Entertain Scene?).
    3. Pathway - LED is on (true) when all of the zones in the Preset List are on at any level. Otherwise the LED is off (false). Pathway logic is typically used to tell whether or not a path is lit up. (i.e. Is there a lit path to get from the Kitchen to the Master Bedroom?).
    4. Via Integration - LED will turn on or off only when the system receives a command from a third party system to change the state of the LED
    5. Defined by Sequence - The LED is controlled as defined in the steps of the sequence programmed to the button
    Last edited by Ty W.; 09-12-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Changed wording

The quick tip I like to give people is to look at the engraving:
    Noun/Place (Kitchen, Bed, Bath, etc.) - Room Logic
    Verb/Action (Entertain, Prepare, Dine, etc.) - Scene Logic

Obviously there are some exceptions like 'Movie' since this is a noun but technically you are shortening 'Watch Movie' which is an action so I would used scene logic.

3. Thanks mcignarella thanked for this post
    Likes mcignarella, Blair S. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    We received this question from a customer, and thought others might be interested in this topic...

1. Pathway - LED is on (true) when all of the zones in the Preset List are on at any level. Otherwise the LED is off (false). Pathway logic is typically used to tell whether or not a path is lit up. (i.e. Is there a lit path to get from the Kitchen to the Master Bedroom?).
    is it work if one of the zone in the preset list is Unaffected or 0 ?

stevi,

If you press a button that had one of the zones on the pathway button's scene as unaffected, it will look at the previous value that it was at to see if it was 0 or above 0. If there is a zone that is 0 on the pathway scene, the LED will be off. All zones on the pathway must be on to any level other than 0.

6. Thanks stevi thanked for this post
    Likes stevi liked this post
    Regarding the "Via integration" option: what command do you send from the control system to light up the LED?

I know that I can get the LED state by sending something like this (for Device 2 Button 1):

?DEVICE,2,81,9

...but how do I set the LED state?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by martopg View Post
    Regarding the "Via integration" option: what command do you send from the control system to light up the LED?

I know that I can get the LED state by sending something like this (for Device 2 Button 1):

?DEVICE,2,81,9

...but how do I set the LED state?

Thanks!
    You could send the the commands for setting the LED state from page 110 of the Integration Protocol found here at http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf.

Based on your example it would be #DEVICE,2,81,9,1 .

Hope this helps!

9. Thanks martopg thanked for this post
    Likes martopg liked this post
    Thanks for the info!