I am working on a relatively new but established RadioRA 2 system and the homeowner wants to add controlled shades to the den. There is a 4 gang box which has RRD-6CL that control various LED cans in the room. I am looking at a 6 zone GRAFIK EYE QS (as it should fit in the box) to control the lights and the shades without ripping up the walls. I have a couple questions if anyone is out there that has done this before:
- Can the GRAFIK Eye be used for LED lighting (if so what version)? It looks like most are not rated for LED
- Do I lose the ability to control that lighting hooked up to the GRAFIK Eye on keypads in the rest of the house or will they show up in the software as items to be added to scenes just like they were physical switches?
- Can the "scene" buttons on the GRAFIK Eye be programmed to turn on and off individual loads that are attached to the GRAFIK Eye (i.e. work just like it was a keypad in the RadioRA 2 software). Can they control other RadioRA 2 switches in the house?
- Once I get the shades, I assume they will be programmed locally on the GRAFIK Eye and be controlled by the shade keypad on the unit... will they also show up in the RadioRA 2 software (I know I need the more advanced software for this) and be available to be programmed on other keypads in the house?
- Are there any drawbacks to going this route?