Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: LED Tape recommendations?

LED Tape recommendations?

Looking for some real world feedback. There is a TON of this stuff out there on the market.

Can anyone recommend a flexible (relatively easy to cut to fit) LED tape and power supply setup that works (dimable) well in the Lutron world (6NA and RPMA)?
    Audio, Video, Networking, & Automation Designed Around You

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    You can go to www.lutron.com/ledtool and make a search to help determine what tape lights we have tested with our controls. You shoud put under "Fixture/Lamp Type" the "Cove Strip" lights. Under Lutron Control, you can put "HomeWorks Panel" which will give you test results for RPMs or "Ra2 / HWQS Dimmers" which some results can highlight the 6NA dimmers.

I installed some LED strips from elementalled.com with their magnetic dimmable drivers. 6NA dims about 40W of that LED strip without any issues.

I ordered a bunch of 24v 90+ CRI high-density tape from Super Bright LEDs dot com, along with aluminum channels and frosted lenses. Running them with Hi-Lume A-Series drivers from RR2 6NA dimmers. Works great and looks great. Only thing less than completely perfect is the high-density tape gets pretty hot if run above 80% -- fortunately 50% is very, very bright. I have used the A-Series drivers a couple of times in various situations and they are terrific, never had any dimming issues.