Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Merging Dimmer and Pico in App

Question Merging Dimmer and Pico in App

Hello. I just finished my first installation of two Lutron Caseta switches last night (hoping my house doesn't burn down today...) One thing that bugs me is that I installed a dimmer switch, and a Pico remote on the other end. These show up as TWO items in the app to control the same set of lights. Is there any way to merge Switches and Pico Remotes in the app to clean up the interface? It's kinda messy to have two switch options in the app to control the same thing. They should just show up as one device.

If you have the latest version of the app it should show only the switch not the Pico's in the main Devices screen. The Pico's show up at the very bottom and I hide that display. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lutron Caseta Devices.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	684

Quote Originally Posted by MattS View Post
    If you have the latest version of the app it should show only the switch not the Pico's in the main Devices screen. The Pico's show up at the very bottom and I hide that display.
    Not for me :( I'm using the latest app version, but the two devices show up next to each other under the "Upstairs Hallway" category :/

One thing I did that may be different is that I added the devices within the app after already installed, and paired the Pico's directly with the switch not through the app (though the app does detect them eventually.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lutron Caseta Devices 2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	685

One thing I did that may be different is that I added the devices within the app after already installed, and paired the Pico's directly with the switch not through the app (though the app does detect them eventually.)
    Hmm. Interesting. I added both devices using the app. So you're saying you added the switch using the app, but used some non-app method to pair the Pico to the switch? Interesting. Does that change how the devices operate? Since I paired my Pico using the app, does that mean my Pico talks to the bridge, which then talks to the main switch? Using your method, does the Pico talk directly to the other switch? That sounds like a more reliable setup since it cuts out any need for the bridge to use any of the switches if there is a network issue...

Yes, I paired the Pico without the app. They can operate without the hub which means they do not go through the hub to the switch. They likely do still count towards the 50 device limit (but I have solved that for my situation to go up to 100.)

-Matt

Yes, I paired the Pico without the app. They can operate without the hub which means they do not go through the hub to the switch. They likely do still count towards the 50 device limit (but I have solved that for my situation to go up to 100.)

-Matt
    explain bit more on how you solved 50 device limitation..i am almost there and interested in adding few shaded

My solution (not ideal but works for me) is to have a second hub that I use just for my scheduled only devices, like outdoor landscape and deck lighting. I put this hub on a second account and I address it directly through the app, when I need more direct control, I also have it linked in my Smartthings system. To put it simply, I have a main system that I address every day with Echo devices and the Lutron app and a second hub that is less frequently addressed and runs mostly repeating schedules.

9. Likes SDR-Mike, jmw_ha liked this post
    My solution (not ideal but works for me) is to have a second hub that I use just for my scheduled only devices, like outdoor landscape and deck lighting. I put this hub on a second account and I address it directly through the app, when I need more direct control, I also have it linked in my Smartthings system. To put it simply, I have a main system that I address every day with Echo devices and the Lutron app and a second hub that is less frequently addressed and runs mostly repeating schedules.
    @MattS- how well does your Caseta play with SmartThings?
    Last edited by SDR-Mike; 11-08-2017 at 11:02 AM. Reason: darn Windows double posting again
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols