Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Integrating Radio Powr Savr sensors into RadioRA 2

Integrating Radio Powr Savr sensors into RadioRA 2

I have an occupancy sensor that I am trying to get to turn on and off a light controlled by an RRD-8ANS switch. The instructions available are not helpful. I tried to get the 8ANS into the programming mode (by holding the switch for 6 seconds), it blinks but it won't add the sensor. I was able to add and activate the sensor in the RadioRa 2 software, but it doesn't let me do anything with it.

Any ideas out there?

On a separate note, I would really like if the RadioRa 2 software had more "If This Then That" kind of programming... is there anything out there that would add some of that flexibility in the RadioRa 2 world?

The sensor acts like a one button keypad. So once you have it added to the design, you need to go to the programming tab and connect it to the switch you want it to control. Just find the sensor in the pull down list on the left (when keypads is selected), then go to the right room/zone in the right hand section.

RRA2 doesn't really do any conditionals. If you want that, then you need to connect your repeater to some sort of home automation system that can talk to the repeater and do the conditional programming. All the big name systems (Crestron, Savant, Control4, etc, etc) can do this. Also some relatively cheap solutions if you have a home server or always on PC. I can use Indigo running on a Mac mini for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I have an occupancy sensor that I am trying to get to turn on and off a light controlled by an RRD-8ANS switch. The instructions available are not helpful. I tried to get the 8ANS into the programming mode (by holding the switch for 6 seconds), it blinks but it won't add the sensor. I was able to add and activate the sensor in the RadioRa 2 software, but it doesn't let me do anything with it.

Any ideas out there?

On a separate note, I would really like if the RadioRa 2 software had more "If This Then That" kind of programming... is there anything out there that would add some of that flexibility in the RadioRa 2 world?
    Once you get both the occ sensor and 8ANS activated, you then need to go to program>occupancy to define how the occ sensor controls the 8ANS. You don't need to add the sensor to the 8ANS, the Ra2 main repeater does that for you, you could say.

The conditional programming you're asking for is reserved for Homeworks QS, I don't think you'll see it in Ra2 programming any time soon. You can, however, play around with timeclocks in Ra2 to make some conditional programming, and I think others have used 3rd party devices to handle the conditional programming with Ra2.

4. Likes schalliol liked this post

Thanks!

I don't know why I didn't look in the keypads... I see it now, thanks! This forum is so helpful!

6. Likes schalliol liked this post