Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Led Lights Flickering with Caseta Switch

Led Lights Flickering with Caseta Switch

I have a series of LED puck lights installed in three areas of my home. In One location the puck lights work fine. In two locations, the puck lights flicker or go on/off on a one second cycle when turned on with a Caseta on/off switch. The puck lights I am using are Liteline LED Puck 1.8 W per light 3000 K warm light.

In the location that works, the Caseta switch controls the LED puck lights as well as some standard 4" spotlights. It seems that connecting the LED puck lights to a Caseta switch that controls more than just the pucks corrects the problem. I have tested this out in other locations and that seems to resolve the flickering. However that solution isn't possible in the two locations that I am having the problem. Is there any recommendation of what to do or try from here?

I should also mention that when a standard Decora switch is used the lights work fine. The problem only happens when a Caseta switch or Caseta is used (Standard Switch not Dimmer Caseta).

Anna W.
    Hi vdiddy,

Your Caseta Switch PD-5WS-DV-WH should include a LUT-MLC in the packaging. I recommend using this with all energy efficient lighting loads.
    See the advanced install guide here for more info.

I have the caseta PD-6WCL-WH and the bulbs we have are Arvidsson LED downlight dimmable 13W. (These bulbs are on the compatibility list.) In one circuit, we have 8 bulbs and they all turn off. On all other circuits, we only have 4 bulbs and when turned off, they flicker. Our package did not include the LUT-MLC. Is there another fix? If not, where can I get the LUT-MLC? Thank you, Nish

Quote Originally Posted by ndn1234 View Post
    I have the caseta PD-6WCL-WH and the bulbs we have are Arvidsson LED downlight dimmable 13W. (These bulbs are on the compatibility list.) In one circuit, we have 8 bulbs and they all turn off. On all other circuits, we only have 4 bulbs and when turned off, they flicker. Our package did not include the LUT-MLC. Is there another fix? If not, where can I get the LUT-MLC? Thank you, Nish
    The LUT-MLC is for the non-neutral switch only. It is not rated for dimming. I would suggest swapping the PD-6WCL out for a PD-10NXD dimmer. The neutral wire on the 10NX will allow a lower minimum wattage and also eliminates most of the flickering.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Dear all,
    i have a led system with 3 or 4 led light i was use it with PD-5WS-DV switch, i use one LUT-MLC with 3-4led light (8walt/led) but when i turn off light the flickering on one of each, so please help me how i can fix it ? i will let one more PD-5WS-DV at led flickering ?