Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RadioRA2 Fan Control For Bathroom Fans?

RadioRA2 Fan Control For Bathroom Fans?

Hey folks,

Just wanted to ask, is this RadioRA2 fan control new? The last time I checked I remember only seeing a Fan Control for the Maestro lineup and not the RadioRa2 lineup...

http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products...w.aspx?pgid=41

Can anyone advise if these will work for bathroom exhaust fans? Though I'm not looking for 4 speeds but rather a timer based fan controller... Thanks!

The MA-T51 is a countdown timer, but it's no RRA2. Do you need remote control for a countdown timer?

Quote Originally Posted by geofry View Post
    Can anyone advise if these will work for bathroom exhaust fans? Though I'm not looking for 4 speeds but rather a timer based fan controller... Thanks!
    The fan control is for ceiling fans only. Use the RRD-8ANS for the exhaust fan. If you need a timer, use the ceiling sensor in vacancy mode and program the sensor to that exhaust fan switch.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Thanks guys! Sorry, thought I had replied to this thread. I suppose a vacancy sensor + an 8ANS could do the trick as well, but I do like the Maestro MA-T51 and how it presents visual feedback to the person hitting the switch. Any word of a RR2 compatible T51? :)

geofry- there are no plans for a timer.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Today, with the new Rollback feature of 10.0, I was able to move the Fan out of the zone controlled by a Powr Savr, and into its own separate zone, and enabled the Rollback for that room. This allowed me independent timeouts for the Fan and the Powr Savr (which now controls only lights).

I had to move the fan into its own area, since when in Program > Occupancy mode, you cannot independently set Rollback when the area is control by an existing occupancy/vacancy sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    Today, with the new Rollback feature of 10.0, I was able to move the Fan out of the zone controlled by a Powr Savr, and into its own separate zone, and enabled the Rollback for that room. This allowed me independent timeouts for the Fan and the Powr Savr (which now controls only lights).

I had to move the fan into its own area, since when in Program > Occupancy mode, you cannot independently set Rollback when the area is control by an existing occupancy/vacancy sensor.
    Hello Mr.C,

How are you using the rollback feature to control the bathroom exhaust fan?

I have tried doing this but does not seem to provide reliable control of the fan.

Right now I have a single keypad within each of my clients bathrooms to control the various loads. Since they did not want to add the ceiling Occ/Vac sensor I currently have two buttons on the keypad to control the inline remote fan as I did not see another way to do this.

Fist button configured a as a Toggle for Fan On/Off
    Second button configured as a Single Scene turning the Fan off after a 35 minute delay.

It would be great if I could reduce this functionality to a single keypad button so that I could make use of the additional button.

Thanks in advance.

Hi GLDSTAV,

I ended up changing the approach, as it wasn't working correctly, and now use a two occupancy sensor approach. Please see my thread here:

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...0301#post10301

which describes my current setup, and calls out the issues I still have (w/ 2 occupancy sensors in the bathroom: one in the commode room, one in the bathroom itself). The basic sensor hardware and programming is really too simplistic to be as useful as it could be. The re-arm timeouts being the exact same as the sensor's vacancy time outs is ludicrous. I haven't yet programed the workaround (using a delay) suggested by the last poster, as my initial thoughts were that there was going to be an issue (and I've been too busy since).

The solution I have is usable, but not ideal. The only real issue is that if we manually turn off the lights as we leave the bathroom, they will not automatically turn on upon occupancy until our 15 minute timeout has expired.

Thank you for your reply. I will definitely read through the other thread you provided the link for.