Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Pico 3-button remote

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    147

    Pico 3-button remote

    Can the preset button on a 3-button Pico remote be used to trigger a scene, or is the preset only for the light level of that switch?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    666
    This is entirely dependent on what the Pico is programmed to do in the Caseta app. If the Pico just controls a single device, then you would not be able to activate a scene. The four button Pico would be a better choice- PJ24BGWHL31
    Residential Lighting and Shading Specialist for CED Escondido

    mbalay@cedescondido.com

  3. Likes Kevin P. liked this post
  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    If the Pico just controls a single device, then you would not be able to activate a scene.
    I was thinking that the Pico would control a single device but then the preset button would be used to turn on a scene (involving this and other devices). So that's not doable?

    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    The four button Pico would be a better choice- PJ24BGWHL31
    That's pretty cool! So basically this is a poor man's RadioRA control panel that can be used to trigger different scenes, right?

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by asherrick View Post
    I was thinking that the Pico would control a single device but then the preset button would be used to turn on a scene (involving this and other devices). So that's not doable?
    Correct, this is not doable within Caseta


    Quote Originally Posted by asherrick View Post
    That's pretty cool! So basically this is a poor man's RadioRA control panel that can be used to trigger different scenes, right?
    Within Caseta, every scene would have to include all dimmers programmed to that particular Pico, but you could set the dimmer's level to 0% to achieve 3 "scenes" with the bottom button being the "all off" for those programmed dimmers/switches.
    Residential Lighting and Shading Specialist for CED Escondido

    mbalay@cedescondido.com

  6. Thanks Cincycaddy thanked for this post
  7. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    12
    To confirm all PJ2-4B-XXXXX picos function in an identical manner but have different printing?

    Thanks,

    Chris.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincycaddy View Post
    To confirm all PJ2-4B-XXXXX picos function in an identical manner but have different printing?

    Thanks,

    Chris.
    Yes. The EL designation is for the custom engraved and is $99 list price. Engraving must be ordered at time of ordering Pico. The rest come pre-engraved depending on the number at the endd of the part number.
    Residential Lighting and Shading Specialist for CED Escondido

    mbalay@cedescondido.com

  9. #7
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincycaddy View Post
    To confirm all PJ2-4B-XXXXX picos function in an identical manner but have different printing?

    Thanks,

    Chris.
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    Yes. The EL designation is for the custom engraved and is $99 list price. Engraving must be ordered at time of ordering Pico. The rest come pre-engraved depending on the number at the endd of the part number.
    Chris,

    The 4 Button Picos function according to their engraving. The firmware is different on the Picos and will designate how they function. A L21 (2 Group) cannot complete the same function as a L31 (Scene Control) or L01 (Zone Control) and vice versa.

  10. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
  11. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    Chris,

    The 4 Button Picos function according to their engraving. The firmware is different on the Picos and will designate how they function. A L21 (2 Group) cannot complete the same function as a L31 (Scene Control) or L01 (Zone Control) and vice versa.
    Thanks for the clarification, I was unaware of that.
    Residential Lighting and Shading Specialist for CED Escondido

    mbalay@cedescondido.com

Similar Threads

  1. Use Both Pico Remote and Smart Bridge App possible?
    By msterling in forum General Discussion - CAS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2015, 12:32 PM
  2. 4 button Pico availability
    By totesthouse in forum General Discussion - RA2
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 10:19 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 06:00 PM
  4. Pico Remote Favorite Button
    By Ironeaglex in forum Troubleshooting - CAS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 01:51 PM
  5. Pico Remote w/ Nightlight?
    By az1324 in forum General Discussion - Controls
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 09:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •