Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3-way switch release date

Quote Originally Posted by malba2366 View Post
    How does the Caseta and therefore the Hub would know the status of the light if it is turned on at an other switch. Is the caseta pro constantly sensing flow through the circuit and reporting that status to the hub?
    Is there a wiring diagram out for the pro dimmer? Does it need a jumper?

Please forgive my ignorance. I have used Insteon for years and with Insteon if you replaced one switch in a 3 way application with an automated switch, you had to replace every switch. Otherwise, if you used the non-automated switch to turn off the light, the automated switch would not be able to turn it back on. Are you saying that this is not the case with Caseta? I have several lights I'd like to automate that are controlled by 3 switches. I thought I would have to replace all 3 to automate the light. You are saying that I would need to buy only one Caseta switch and just retwre the 2 mechanicals switches? That would be wonderful; it would certainly save me a lot of money. Do I understand correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by tsoulen View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance. I have used Insteon for years and with Insteon if you replaced one switch in a 3 way application with an automated switch, you had to replace every switch. Otherwise, if you used the non-automated switch to turn off the light, the automated switch would not be able to turn it back on. Are you saying that this is not the case with Caseta? I have several lights I'd like to automate that are controlled by 3 switches. I thought I would have to replace all 3 to automate the light. You are saying that I would need to buy only one Caseta switch and just retwre the 2 mechanicals switches? That would be wonderful; it would certainly save me a lot of money. Do I understand correctly?
    According to this page you can use existing mechanical switches with the PRO Dimmer:

http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/ProProducts.aspx

The quick start guide for the pro dimmer is up - http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ry/0301779.pdf
    It looks very much like the current switch which can support a mechanical toggle in a 3 way but not multi location setting.(blue wire used plus jumper on mechanical toggle)
    The quick start links to 3way/multi location instructions which have not been updated to reflect the pro-dimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by hgmobile View Post
    The quick start guide for the pro dimmer is up - http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ry/0301779.pdf
    It looks very much like the current switch which can support a mechanical toggle in a 3 way but not multi location setting.(blue wire used plus jumper on mechanical toggle)
    The quick start links to 3way/multi location instructions which have not been updated to reflect the pro-dimmer.
    That guide says that for 3 way installation you still have to buy a pico...not sure what the purpose of the pro dimmer is? Also, if it is capable of 3 way installation with a mechanical switch will the dimmer retain its setting ie. If you turn the light on from the mechanical switch will it revert to the previous setting on the dimmer or will it turn to full on?

Just installed a couple of the 3way dimmers. They work great with my existing mechanical switches. Can't wait to see what else is in store for caseta and the smart bridge pro. Hopefully fan control.

wiring diagram

Quote Originally Posted by therockhr View Post
    Just installed a couple of the 3way dimmers. They work great with my existing mechanical switches. Can't wait to see what else is in store for caseta and the smart bridge pro. Hopefully fan control.
    Where did you find the wiring diagram/instructions for the pro dimmers?

I actually have not found anyone that has them in stock yet. Mind sharing where you found them?
    hgmobile at gmail

Quote Originally Posted by hgmobile View Post
    Where did you find the wiring diagram/instructions for the pro dimmers?

I actually have not found anyone that has them in stock yet. Mind sharing where you found them?
    hgmobile at gmail
    casetawireless.com/3way for instructions

email sent

Thanks - see that instructions have been updated to include Pro.
    No email received

I bought 4 of the pros here: http://www.readywholesaleelectric.co...onpd10nxd.html for 58.79 a piece. That was only a few dollars more than the Non pro version. I plan to pair them with these Lutron switches. http://www.readywholesaleelectric.com/luca315swgco.html I am assuming those are mechanical and will work. Am I correct? Thanks. I would liek a copy of the install instructions also.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast