Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-way switch release date

3-way switch release date

Rumor has it that a 3-way Caseta switch is on the way in the next quarter. Any news on what configurations (dimmer, switch, etc) this will be offered in and when it might be available? I have tons of these switches in my house so going with a hard-wired switch instead of a Pico would be ideal, especially if it will save on the device count.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    asherrick,

There is a new Caseta dimmer that will be available Q2 of this year that will work with existing mechanical switches in multi-location applications. The Caseta switch (PD-5WS-DV-WH), which is available today, already works with existing mechanical switches. Stay tuned for more information on the dimmer as it gets closer to shipping later this year.

Thanks, Eric. Can you confirm whether using this new switch will reduce the device count? For example, will two switches in a 3-way setup count as one device or two?

Only the Caseta devices will count. In a 3-way application with the new Caseta dimmer and a mechanical switch it would only count as 1 device.

What's the new model number? Is it PD-6WCL-WH-D?

The model number of the Caseta dimmer that supports the use of mechanical switches in a 3-way application is PD-10NXD-(color). The product will be shipping later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
    There is a new Caseta dimmer that will be available Q2 of this year that will work with existing mechanical switches in multi-location applications.
    Just to clarify, in a 3-way switch application you're saying that there can be only one Caseta dimmer, right? Also, what are my options for the mechanical switch? Could I use a Maestro digital switch (or companion switch)?

It looks as if there are new Pico Pro controls coming as well. Will the SMB pro and app be able to handle the three scene Pico 4 button?

Quote Originally Posted by asherrick View Post
    Just to clarify, in a 3-way switch application you're saying that there can be only one Caseta dimmer, right? Also, what are my options for the mechanical switch? Could I use a Maestro digital switch (or companion switch)?
    Correct. Only 1 dimmer per lighting circuit.
    Any toggle or paddle style mechanical 3-way switch will work. Maestro companion dimmers/switches will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by hgmobile View Post
    It looks as if there are new Pico Pro controls coming as well. Will the SMB pro and app be able to handle the three scene Pico 4 button?
    Yes, as well as the zone models and the dual group models.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast