Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ra Classic KP copying

Ra Classic KP copying

Was called out to help a electrician with a classic system.
    Chronos as main
    8 KP all on system #1
    30 dim/sw
    Should have been a simple Kp replacement. Copy 4 buttons from existing KP's to new.
    New Kp bought by electrician.
    Kp activated into sys no prob. All on and Off work ( except for out door floods)
    Tried to copy from multiple KPs to no avail.
    Did a factory reset on new KP. Still no good on the copy
    Can't copy from Chronos only to it.
    Going to bring out some old KP's I have in my stock. Other than that no sure what the prob could be.
    Query of sys shows 3 keypad not responding. One is the one I'm replacing. Other is a dead one we found in the hall. Third could be a KP that was removed at a earlier date but the address was not released.

Any ideas?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MitchE View Post
    Chronos as main
    8 KP all on system #1
    30 dim/sw
    Should have been a simple Kp replacement. Copy 4 buttons from existing KP's to new.
    Kp activated into sys no prob. All on and Off work ( except for out door floods)
    Going to bring out some old KP's I have in my stock. Other than that no sure what the prob could be.
    Query of sys shows 3 keypad not responding. One is the one I'm replacing. Other is a dead one we found in the hall. Third could be a KP that was removed at a earlier date but the address was not released.

Any ideas?
    Thank you
    This is about 2 years too late, but maybe another poor soul googles this in the future and sends me some karma if this helps. If I remember from the nightmares of working with Chronos (I did many bridged systems even which were double the nightmare), with Classic radio ra, you had to designate an entire keypad (or entire column) as a room or a scene - hold the 3rd, 5th,and ALL OFF buttons and then if the top led was lit, it was a room logic and if the 2nd led was lit, it was a scene logic. By default they came as room logic.

Here is the kicker: You can't copy a room button into a scene button. So chances are, the button you were trying to copy was from a scene and you were trying to copy it into a room.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MitchE View Post
    Chronos as main
    8 KP all on system #1
    30 dim/sw

Any ideas?
    Thank you
    This is about 2 years too late, but maybe another poor soul googles this in the future and sends me some karma if this helps. If I remember from the nightmares of working with Chronos (I did many bridged systems even which were double the nightmare), with Classic radio ra, you had to designate an entire keypad (or entire column) as a room or a scene - hold the 3rd, 5th,and ALL OFF buttons and then if the top led was lit, it was a room logic and if the 2nd led was lit, it was a scene logic. By default they came as room logic.

Here is the kicker: You can't copy a room button into a scene button. So chances are, the button you were trying to copy was from a scene and you were trying to copy it into a room.