Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom App Control

You need to enable the advanced setting. On your IOS device open settings and scroll down to bottom area where all your apps will be listed. Select the Lutron app and toggle the Show Advanced Settings switch to show on (green).
    then make sure to close(restart) the Lutron App - you will now be able to get at the diagnostic etc.

2. Thanks asherrick thanked for this post
    Likes asherrick liked this post
    Good luck. You won't be getting any support from Lutron for any custom integration you want to do outside of their overpriced partners. My prior post was removed because the smartbridge uses a "closed integration". So anything you do will be on your own with the caveat, that as I had stated in my post, it may no longer work should Lutron send out a firmware update. Frankly, it's disappointing to say the least. I've already created a pretty cool front-end to do the tasks that I need, I just need to polish it and fix the bugs. It's for my personal use only and I have no intention of selling what I create. If it breaks in the future, hopefully I can re-engineer it to work with a different home automation hub. As it is, after this, I may be ripping the smart bridge out, selling it on ebay, and replacing it with a different solution.

Open up iOS Settings app, scroll to Caseta app (it will have "Lutron" title), select that, there should be a switch "Show Advanced Settings" - it should be set to On.

5. Thanks asherrick thanked for this post
    Likes asherrick liked this post
    Great thread, guys! It really is sad that Lutron doesn't allow, or even encourage, non-partners to integrate with their product.

airshane. would love to learn more about how you developed your own custom integration. I tried to PM you, but it seems they turned off private messages here. if you have time to share, would be great.
    Last edited by Kevin P.; 04-29-2015 at 11:27 AM. Reason: removed email address to avoid spam

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Caseta Wireless is currently not an open integration protocol. Using the Smart Bridge Pro you can integrate with the approved Third party A/V and Security partners found here: http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/Alliances.aspx.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12