Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone home control + app does not allow mode changes? Normal,alternate,away,suspend

Iphone home control + app does not allow mode changes? Normal,alternate,away,suspend

Is it true you can not change mode from Iphone but can from ipad? I had to set up a customer with phantom keypad buttons to change the modes using RTI on the iphone.
    Did I miss it somewhere?

The suspend mode just stops events from occurring, not the ability to turn sensors off.

Can the mode be configured to activate the timeclock events that have passed when switched? i.e. turn off guest bedroom motion sensor when in alternate mode and turn it back on by simply switching to normal mode. The problem I have had is it is an occ/vac sensor which needs to be deactivated in the middle of the day or evening missing the programmed time for the event to disable sensor. Yes I can hit test event on an ipad, but looking for a button press on a wall 6 button.

The amount of RTI programming I had to do to make this happen drove me to asking if I missed a simple way to do either of these functions for next time.

True, there is no mode switch in "Home Control +" iPhone app. You can download "HomeSense for Lutron" iPhone app, it has this option.

What? I switch between Normal and Away all the time on the iPhone with no trouble.
    As for setting events that have occurred in the passed, I agree that doesn't work. RR2 just fires events when the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    I switch between Normal and Away all the time on the iPhone with no trouble.
    Tell me more. Both I and original poster can't find where to do it in the LHC+ app. Screenshot?

Just do it on a keypad that has Home and Away modes. It works too on a keypad that doesn't have a physical keypad. Here's a screenshot from one install over VPN.

Click on the image for a larger one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0272.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	320

6. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    I am at the training and this feature I am hoping for might be on 9.5 version. Third party is the only way to switch and have all the past events activate.

What my customer wants is to be able to look at his phone remotely and check mode and change if desired. Third party is the only way to be done at this time using phantom buttons to have a third party run the event if the time passed to activate. The iphone app does not have the mode selection which the ipad has giving the customer the impression it should be on his phone.
    Obviously, it is a different app but customers don't care they just want.

While I understand the "running past events" command, I still don't understand your concern about changing modes. I've used this feature from the start and it's no different from the iPad app as far as I can tell. Go to any physical keypad in the software that has the modes. If you don't have a keypad that does this, just make a virtual keypad.

Can you not do what I pictured from this AM?

Yes, and thanks for the input.

I had already done what I needed through the RTI instead of doing a homeowner keypad or virtual keypad programming as you suggest which still would have needed the third party to run the past events. This way I have it on the RTI for any other time sensitive functions already programmed and just change some variables.

The customer has guests stay and does not want the rooms involved to have the occ/vac working as well as other scenes for guestrooms and bathrooms when the are there. When the mode is changed it would not activate the disable of the sensor until the following morning at midnight unless you test event to do so which is a lot to ask from my clients. I gave him a single button with feedback using RTI which adjust audio, shades, pool, lights, fountains, waterfalls, koi ponds and such for each mode. I was looking to see if I was missing a way to change modes as you do on the ipad app with the pull up menu of modes to select from and seeing the mode on the ipad screen. This can not be done on the Iphone is all I was stating and wondering if I missed the screen somewhere. I was in training the last 2 days with Lutron and asked and confirmed this.
    The good news is, 9.0 is out soon with some cool adds and 9.5 will hopefully have this feature, you never know. hint hint.

Yes, I could have done it with virtual keypad, which would have to be placed in some "room" and not easily seen. I don't have to do that with 3rd party app where mode is readily visible on the home screen - so I recommended this app instead, especially since it has a few other benefits.

I picked up that app after seeing your mention of it here, but I haven't tried it yet. I've found the Lutron app to work reasonably well, but maybe these guys will pick up on HomeKit if Lutron doesn't. I do think Lutron will however because they demonstrated the Apple Watch lighting app.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast