Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wireless lamp dimmer not pairing

Wireless lamp dimmer not pairing

Purchased a Caseta Wireless plug in lamp dimmer (Lutron PD-3PCL-WH) and cannot get the device to pair with a pico remote. The instructions state to simply hold the off button on the dimmer for six + seconds until the LED blinks then repeat on the pico remote. Holding down the off button, the LED will only stay solid and not blink, LED goes off once released. Tried numerous times to pair without success. Is the device defective? Not trying to use a hub or app, just wirelessly controlling one lamp with a pico.

Thanks.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by payday26 View Post
    Purchased a Caseta Wireless plug in lamp dimmer (Lutron PD-3PCL-WH) and cannot get the device to pair with a pico remote. The instructions state to simply hold the off button on the dimmer for six + seconds until the LED blinks then repeat on the pico remote. Holding down the off button, the LED will only stay solid and not blink, LED goes off once released. Tried numerous times to pair without success. Is the device defective? Not trying to use a hub or app, just wirelessly controlling one lamp with a pico.

Thanks.

If you can't pair the Pico remote to the plug in lamp dimmer, I would suggest factory defaulting the lamp dimmer. This should clear out any programming on the plug in dimmer, and you should then be able to put it into programming mode to pair the Pico to it. You do this following the same procedures as removing Picos from a wireless dimmer. See page 42 of the Caseta Advanced Programming guide: http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf.

Thank you for the suggestion. Still no luck getting the device to go into programming mode after clearing. I'll try a replacement. Thanks.

I was having this same issue and came across this post. I finally figured it out:

1. Pair the plug to the hub.
    2. As mentioned here, it will not allow you to pair the lamp plug to the remote once it is already paired to the hub.
    3. Pair the pico remote to the hub. When you pair the pico remote to the hub it will ask what devices you want it to control, and you can then choose the lamp plug. (Side note: it's important that the lamp plug is paired PRIOR to the pico remote or else you won't be able to specify that you want to control the lamp plug with the pico remote, at least not as easily!)

Ideally I would have preferred to have the remote DIRECTLY control the lamp plug. The reality is that the pico remote talks to the hub which then talks to the lamp. Everything seems to be working well though, so I'm going to stick with it...