Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Motion Sensors with Caseta -- Radio Powr Savr or Other Options?

Motion Sensors with Caseta -- Radio Powr Savr or Other Options?

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if the Lutron Radio Powr Savr occupancy and motion sensors work with Caseta or if there is plans to add this in the future (I vaguely recall reading that somewhere previously)?

If not, what is everyone else using for options? I prefer not to use a third-party hub and stick with Lutron if possible. I've heard that the Wink Hub is half-baked at best and a slow performer with Clear Connect, and my experience with Z-wave is that it is also unreliable. My Smart Bridge Pro is flawless. Small, and responds in an instant with the level of scene control I'm looking for via the app.

I've gone from a full Control4 custom home automation install at my previous residence to this, and couldn't be happier. It's finally DIY connected lighting done right, at a fraction of the cost. Just looking to integrate motion sensors if it can be done. Thoughts?

Thanks

I haven't heard of any plans to bring the LRF2 sensors over to Caseta. Why not use the MS-OPS2-WH or the MSCL-OP153M-WH stand-alone sensors in the space? If the radio sensors are required, you could switch over those particular spaces to Maestro Wireless. While not on the system, lighting control is still achieved.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazplex View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone confirm if the Lutron Radio Powr Savr occupancy and motion sensors work with Caseta or if there is plans to add this in the future (I vaguely recall reading that somewhere previously)?

If not, what is everyone else using for options? I prefer not to use a third-party hub and stick with Lutron if possible. I've heard that the Wink Hub is half-baked at best and a slow performer with Clear Connect, and my experience with Z-wave is that it is also unreliable. My Smart Bridge Pro is flawless. Small, and responds in an instant with the level of scene control I'm looking for via the app.

I've gone from a full Control4 custom home automation install at my previous residence to this, and couldn't be happier. It's finally DIY connected lighting done right, at a fraction of the cost. Just looking to integrate motion sensors if it can be done. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Tazplex,

The Radio Powr Savr Occupancy and Vacancy sensors will work with the Caseta Wireless dimmers and switches in a standalone local setup. Currently, they are not able to be programmed into the Smart Bridge. Once the Caseta Wireless Dimmers and Switches are added to the Smart Bridge they will lose any local association.

Thank you for the feedback. I have passed this feedback along to the Caseta Wireless development team.

Staples Connect Hub let you control Caseta via Zwave Sensors

Quote Originally Posted by Tazplex View Post
    Hi,

Thanks
    I'm using the Staples Connect Hub. Lutron has officially partnered with Staples, so this is totally kosher. I use Ecolink Zwave Motion Sensors to control Caseta in-wall and plug-in modules via this hub, and it all works flawlessly; startlingly so, actually.
    Last edited by Kevin P.; 04-15-2015 at 12:19 PM. Reason: removed links

Can one integrate a motion sensor, caseta dimmers and Logitech ultimate home so that when I walk into my HT the lights come up to a programmed level, when the Logitech button is pressed to start the system the lights drop down to a new level and when an off button is pressed on the remote the tv, sound system and lights all go out?

Thanks for the heads up on the D-Link. I'm currently running the Caseta Smartbridge Pro with a handful of devices, and while it has been dead reliable the ability to expand is appealing. I was actually looking to buy a Staples Connect hub, so free with purchase is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Waryshare View Post
    I'm using the Staples Connect Hub. Lutron has officially partnered with Staples, so this is totally kosher. I use Ecolink Zwave Motion Sensors to control Caseta in-wall and plug-in modules via this hub, and it all works flawlessly; startlingly so, actually.
    Last edited by Kevin P.; 04-15-2015 at 12:19 PM. Reason: removed links

It is my understanding that Caseta devices can only be connected to either the D-Link or the Smart Bridge, not both. Correct?

I just purchased the SmartBridge 2,n and I am also wondering what I could use for motion sensor (aka: when I enter a room, I want the Caseta dimmer to turn ON).

Any set up recommendation?

I have a similar need. I already have the Caseta system. I am happy with it. However I have a situation where I need 1 actual wall switch and a pico remote with the added use of a motion sensor.

This is for my hallway. The issue is that while I can use our mobile phones to have the hall lite turn on when we arrive home it won't work when others visit our home. As well there is no way I can tell to have the light auto off after a few minutes.

This is a hallway with stairs that has a very small landing that is difficult to manage when entering with children and groceries.

We currently just have a plain old motion sensor and 2 switches. It would be nice to make this a bit smarter by integrating it into our lutron system.

any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    Tazplex,

The Radio Powr Savr Occupancy and Vacancy sensors will work with the Caseta Wireless dimmers and switches in a standalone local setup. Currently, they are not able to be programmed into the Smart Bridge. Once the Caseta Wireless Dimmers and Switches are added to the Smart Bridge they will lose any local association.

Thank you for the feedback. I have passed this feedback along to the Caseta Wireless development team.
    Hi Kevin,
    I just post this question in the Caseta Design forum. There are document said the dimmer support Radio Powr Savr Motion Sensor; on the other hand, I got the message from Lutron support said there is no Motion Senor support for Caseta. If I don't need to add the Caseta Dimmer switch to the bridge, can I pairing it with multiple Radio Powr Savr sensor and PICO together? (PICO will be use like a 3 ways switch, and Motion senors will be use to trigger the same switch from different area)
    Thanks,
    David

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by davidchanty View Post
    Hi Kevin,
    I just post this question in the Caseta Design forum. There are document said the dimmer support Radio Powr Savr Motion Sensor; on the other hand, I got the message from Lutron support said there is no Motion Senor support for Caseta. If I don't need to add the Caseta Dimmer switch to the bridge, can I pairing it with multiple Radio Powr Savr sensor and PICO together? (PICO will be use like a 3 ways switch, and Motion senors will be use to trigger the same switch from different area)
    Thanks,
    David
    Yes, see answer here...https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...-Motion-Sensor