Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: GU24 LED's

GU24 LED's

I have a few fixtures that use GU24 CFL bulbs. I want to convert them to LED as this will allow me to dim them. I would also like the bulbs to be brighter than the current 60W equivalent CFL's. GU24 bulbs seem to be non-standard thus they are usually more expensive. I do have some adapters that go from GU24 to "screw in" style, but this adds about 1/2" to the height of the bulb and most 75W equivalent and brighter bulbs are already taller than a standard incandescent bulb.

Do any of you have a solution for my predicament?

Eric

Pete F.
    Eric,
    Thank you for your post. If you refer to our Compatible Bulb List, you will find several GU24 based bulbs that have been tested and were found to be compatible with our C•L dimmers. Using one of these bulbs will remove the need for the adapter and save that 1/2" in additional height.

Thank you Pete, however, I did not see any "RRD" dimmers listed and could not find a bulb listed that offers...
    -GU24 base
    -LED
    -dimmable
    -75W or 100W equivalent
    -A19 shaped bulb

Note: also needs to be 2700K or 3000K

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
    Eric,
    Thank you for your post. If you refer to our Compatible Bulb List, you will find several GU24 based bulbs that have been tested and were found to be compatible with our C•L dimmers. Using one of these bulbs will remove the need for the adapter and save that 1/2" in additional height.

Pete F.
    Eric,

The Compatible List for Residential Systems will have the LEDs that have been tested residential controls. You can also find more information about dimming LEDs on our Light Control Education page. If you do not find a bulb that offers those criteria, then we would not have one that has been tested and found to be compatible which has that criteria.