Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Philips Hue connection via Smart Birdge?

I have Lutron Caseta, Hue & Wink. The Harmony Ultimate Home is currently controlling the Hue along with the Philips switch. I personally hate the Harmony learning curve, but it mostly does what I want. It forces recreating Hue scenes within the Harmony app which doesn't work as well as the Philips app. When Lutron Caseta has a keypad for controlling Philips Scenes, I'll buy it & dump the Philips switch. don't have a need (yet) to control the Lutron from anything other than the wall dimmers or the phone / IFTTT. Imho, the Lutron setup is well on the way to dominating technically, though there are plenty of examples to show its about marketing, not technical capability.

@LouGeezer: I fully agree with you. The Harmony hub can control nicely the Philips Hue and Caseta devices nicely (it could of course be improved).

My main frustration with the lack of interoperability from other hubs to connect Caseta with the Philips Hue.

My goal: Control one or more Philips Hue lightbulbs from a Caseta Pico remote.

Using Wink hub: Lutron Caseta decives can only control other Lutron Caseta devices. Not good for my needs.

Using Stalpes Connect hub:
    It looks like it might do it, but not available in Canada. Furthermore the Lutron Caseta devices must be paired directly with the Staples Connect hub, preventing the Lutron devices to be paired any other hub (such as the Lutron Smart Bridge (which enables connection with more hubs..).

Using Harmony Hub:
    The Harmony hub can connect with the Lutron Smart Bridge. This is good. And I will most likely try it, but it doesn't solve my current need.

Using SmartThings Hub:
    I am unsure of its integration with Caseta.

Using Revolv hub: It didn't support Lutron Caseta pre-Nest's acquisition. We'll see what it brings once Nest releases its update.

Quote Originally Posted by giacino View Post
    Using Revolv hub: It didn't support Lutron Caseta pre-Nest's acquisition. We'll see what it brings once Nest releases its update.
    Revolv is dead, Google shut it down. If they come out with an update, it will not be update to Revolv, but either update to Nest or some other, completely new product.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12