Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Setting Dimmer Upper Limits

Setting Dimmer Upper Limits

Hello,

Does anyone know how to set the upper limits on a 6NA dimmer? I see how I can set the lower cutout but my LED lights start flickering if the dimmer goes past 80%.

Thanks for any help!

Mike

In the Design tab of the software, right-click on the dimmer in question. Select Advanced Settings. High end trim should be available there.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

3. Thanks Armando B. thanked for this post
    Awesome, thanks! That worked perfectly.

I have a related problem.

I set the High End Level to 60% in Advanced Settings, Save, Transfer, and nothing happens. When I double tap the switch it goes full bright - i.e. 100%. Transferred a couple more times and still no change.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by sbguy01 View Post
    I have a related problem.

I set the High End Level to 60% in Advanced Settings, Save, Transfer, and nothing happens. When I double tap the switch it goes full bright - i.e. 100%. Transferred a couple more times and still no change.

Any thoughts?
    By full bright, do you mean the LEDs on the side of the dimmer go all the way up? That is actually the point. It is a new artificial 100% according to the software programming. That is the highest you can operate the dimmer from this point forward, unless you change the High End trim to something above the 60% that you set. Now if you are comparing to the actual light level, then it sounds like the dimmer didn't take the High End you applied. I would check that you were on the right dimmer in the software (assuming a simple mistake I've made dozens of times).

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    By full bright, do you mean the LEDs on the side of the dimmer go all the way up? That is actually the point. It is a new artificial 100% according to the software programming. That is the highest you can operate the dimmer from this point forward, unless you change the High End trim to something above the 60% that you set. Now if you are comparing to the actual light level, then it sounds like the dimmer didn't take the High End you applied. I would check that you were on the right dimmer in the software (assuming a simple mistake I've made dozens of times).
    Thanks for the sanity check Mike. My issue has to do with the actual light level. But, it turns out the High End level did in fact take. It's just that 60% was still pretty bright :-) I had to compare the 100% light level in a nearby room to see that it was in fact a bit dimmer.

So user-error on this one.

sbguy01-

No worries. I have everything in my house set to 60% preset level, and rarely go above. Glad it was simple, I've made all those "mistakes"- at least twice ;)

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post tupojanuca.For Alexa integration questions we do have an app note found here at http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...2_and_HWQS.pdf. You would not be able to use phantom buttons for this integration. Needs to be the physical keypad or adding a keypad in a room and not activating it (this keypad will still show up in the room on the app).