Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: adding caseta in wall dimmer

adding caseta in wall dimmer

Hi, I have a plant/display ledge in my house and we have a 2 rope LED lights up top on the shelf that plugs into a plug in that is on a regular light switch. I am wondering, could I replace the regular light switch withe a Caseta In Wall dimmer switch? I really don't need the dimmer much, but using this with home automation, I could set this switch to turn on and off automatically. This would be particularly useful for when we are away.

I am just wondering if this would work or if there would be any issue doing this ? Thanks in advance for any help.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by deanw View Post
    Hi, I have a plant/display ledge in my house and we have a 2 rope LED lights up top on the shelf that plugs into a plug in that is on a regular light switch. I am wondering, could I replace the regular light switch withe a Caseta In Wall dimmer switch? I really don't need the dimmer much, but using this with home automation, I could set this switch to turn on and off automatically. This would be particularly useful for when we are away.

I am just wondering if this would work or if there would be any issue doing this ? Thanks in advance for any help.
    deanw,

If you do not need to dim the LEDs then we would recommend using the PD-5WS-DV. This is a Caseta In-Wall switch that is rated up to 5 Amps of lighting load. The spec sheet for the PD-5WS-DV can be found here: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...369831_ENG.pdf.