Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RR-VCRX-WH doesn't support homelink?

Post RR-VCRX-WH doesn't support homelink?

I was under the impression the RR-VCRX-WH could interoperate with HomeLink (as built into many cars). Is this the case?

I assumed it was and tried to program but cannot get anything to "learn" to it. Tried four different cars -- all of which have "HomeLink" working with various gates or garage doors. Also tried a Genie "Intellicode" remote that was used to train one of the cars. None of these seem to be detected by the VCRX. I was, however, able to program a pico to it. Maybe it only supports Pico transmitters? If so, what is the homelink aspect?

The documentation is completely useless. It does carry a homelink logo which is what lead me to think it could interoperate with vehicles transmitters but maybe this means some other aspect of homelink (is there another?) is supported?

Any clarifications anyone here can provide would be most useful.

Ive attached a picture of the VCRX in case theres any question about what I have, and also a picture of the "Intellicode" receivers. The cars used were a Tesla S, a Jeep Grand Cherokee, a Toyota RAV4-EV, and an Dodge Grand Caravan.

Also, for completeness, I factory defaulted the VCRX so it contained no programming and was not associated with any system just to remove any possibilities there. Then tried the learning process again, still no go.

Thanks!
    -J

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1160.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	313

I hear your pain. Programming the VRCX to a Homelink device can be frustrating. This is what I do to program Homelink in vehicles.

1. Learn the buttons onto the Lutron car visor transmitter (LR?3B?H?SW) from the VRCX.
    2. Then use the Car Visor Transmitter to teach the Homelink Transmitter in the vehicle.

Just did a 2015 Toyota Tacoma yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by para19 View Post
    I hear your pain. Programming the VRCX to a Homelink device can be frustrating. This is what I do to program Homelink in vehicles.

1. Learn the buttons onto the Lutron car visor transmitter (LR?3B?H?SW) from the VRCX.
    2. Then use the Car Visor Transmitter to teach the Homelink Transmitter in the vehicle.

Just did a 2015 Toyota Tacoma yesterday.
    Got it, so the Lutron visor transmitter may be key to this process. I just ordered one of those up today and will give it a spin.

sure wish they had better documentation on the vcrx.

-J

Is there a way to due this without using the LR-3B-H-SW? I would prefer not to buy extra hardware for just a one time setup.

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    Is there a way to due this without using the LR-3B-H-SW? I would prefer not to buy extra hardware for just a one time setup.
    Just to add another data point, I had to use the lutron visor transmitter to get my homelink device to talk to the VCRX. I tried to use a 3rd party universal garage door transmitter but could not get that paired with the VCRX. At least the visor transmitter is pretty cheap.

the visor transmitter is the only way

Quote Originally Posted by Trax95008 View Post
    the visor transmitter is the only way
    I have yet to program my homelink in my car using this method but is it possible have th same button on homelink open the garage door and trigger the VCRX? Meaning if the LR-3B-H-SW is used to learn the homelink button, I could no longer use that same button to the door opener. As usually it picks up signals from the vehicles homelink during programming

So if I would like to hit 1 of the 3 buttons on the LR3B visor remote and open a garage door and trigger on of the keypad buttons would there be a way to do this? Ive set up multiple setups but haven't been able to learn the LR3B to like a liftmaster or other GDO's