Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lutron Rania IR B&O LEDch

Lutron Rania IR B&O LEDch

Hello!
    i'm coming from Austria and new with lutron therefore i have registered because of my questons which nobody could answer...
    my plan: I would like to Switch lights with a B&o Remote beo4/5/6 Remote 1
    of course I found lutron Rania dimmers which could Handle IR Commands from B&o.
    But Those Dimmers work only from 40 Watts onward so the use of LED bulbs is not possible....but nowadays Nothing Else Makes Sense or is available
    also there Are only B&o Rania singe not Dual Dimmers ....
    are they compatible with 2 or more Switches ? Intermediate Switches?
    Are they compatible with push buttons?
    many questons - thanks For your help
    best regards
    elmar

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Good day Elmar,

The Rania is not rated to control LED products, only incandescent and halogen. However is you require to dim LED products you could incorporate and power booster between the dimmer and the lighting load, NGRX-PB-CE. You can generate a list of compatible LED products for the NGRX-PB-CE by visiting www.lutron.com/ledtool. Once here select NGRX Interfaces from the Lutron Control Menu, select only 240V from the voltage menu and click search. After the page reloads, scroll down to view a list of compatible LEDs. By clicking on any of the LED model number you can view a detailed report which provides you with all compatible Lutron controls, the amount of LEDs they are rated to control and the dimming range you will experience.

We have some application note about Rania controls.
    • Recommended Load for Dual Rania Universal Dimmers: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ry/048174b.pdf
    • Rania Wiring Solutions for Home Applications: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...235A%20(2).pdf

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt R. View Post
    Good day Elmar,

The Rania is not rated to control LED products, only incandescent and halogen. However is you require to dim LED products you could incorporate and power booster between the dimmer and the lighting load, NGRX-PB-CE. You can generate a list of compatible LED products for the NGRX-PB-CE by visiting www.lutron.com/ledtool. Once here select NGRX Interfaces from the Lutron Control Menu, select only 240V from the voltage menu and click search. After the page reloads, scroll down to view a list of compatible LEDs. By clicking on any of the LED model number you can view a detailed report which provides you with all compatible Lutron controls, the amount of LEDs they are rated to control and the dimming range you will experience.

We have some application note about Rania controls.
    • Recommended Load for Dual Rania Universal Dimmers: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ry/048174b.pdf
    • Rania Wiring Solutions for Home Applications: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...235A%20(2).pdf

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Dear Matt!
    thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and experience!
    I've already found the NGRX online but it is always shown in combination with a Lutron Graphik Eye installation; for me that seems to be a bit more complex than I would have wished (just swapping switches);
    I have also heard about LED bulbs that imitate a ground wattage so they should be compatible.
    Thanks for the technical documents - the "wiring solutions" I've already found on my own.
    I don't understand how to do the wirings on a "three way circuit"; sorry do not know the correct english terms;
    I've got a wiring with a intermediate switch (Kreuzschalter) and two two-way switches (Wechselschalter).
    The application note 235 does not give the solution I would need: 2 dimm-able switches and one intermediate switch
    what's better? one dimmer, one accessory or two dimmers plus third switch?

Best regards
    Elmar