Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Automatically dim lights with changing timeclock modes

Automatically dim lights with changing timeclock modes

I have a customer with a qs system that has 4 modes in his house, Morning, Daytime, Evening, and Night. All with different levels for the lighting in the rooms, so 55% in the morning, 75% in afternoon, 45% in the Evening, and 15% at night, the issue is, he wants to have them automatically change light levels as the day progresses if the lights are on. Just trying to figure out the best way to do this as I've already put a bunch of time in making the house do the 4 different modes, and this is making my head spin. Thanks for your help. Kevin

I think off the top of my head you could accomplish this by setting a variable to each mode so you can track if that scene was on . Then I would make a time clock with multiple events and make those events conditional based on the variable. How many places are the modes programed you would need to track when ever the mode is pressed with the variable. I would also make sure I set up up each mode as a shared scene that includes the variable so Im only changing it in 1 place when they want to add or remove lights from that mode.

Here is a sample project that if you were choosing your mode from a keypad press and wanted the mode to change based on time of day. if you were to toggle the mode off on the keypad the next event would not happen from the time clock. If you left 1 of the modes set it would cycle the modes via time clock. Its very dependent on how you should do this based on what you have in your existing project and how the client would like to activate the modes. Many other options available for programing such as enabling and disabling time clocks etc....
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Likes Armando B. liked this post