Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QS Shade Feedback and Shade ID

QS Shade Feedback and Shade ID

Just like to make a suggestion on QS Shade Feedback and Shade integration ID's

As for the integration ID's for shades. It is very annoying not to be able to get the shade ID from the software under "Configure Integration Tab" If a 3rd party would like to control a specific shade I need to print the intergration report in order to get the ID. I can only get the Shade Group ID from with in the software not the device ID.

As for the shade feed back It would be very benificial if QS could broadcast shade position while moving. When I integrate a shade to a touch panel my animated gif will only spring to the position the shade is going not where the shade is. If we could get a monitoring option that we could turn on if we want to track shades. How ever under Lutron app when I use a shade slider it does send the feed back as you move the slider. If i send the shade to specific level using terminal or a preset it just sends the value of where the shade is going. I mention this because I am possibly loosing a shade job to Crestron because I can't accurately make my graphics work with Lutron shades. The Crestron shades send the feedback while moving.

2. Thanks Armando B. thanked for this post
    Likes Armando B. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    Just like to make a suggestion on QS Shade Feedback and Shade integration ID's

As for the integration ID's for shades. It is very annoying not to be able to get the shade ID from the software under "Configure Integration Tab" If a 3rd party would like to control a specific shade I need to print the intergration report in order to get the ID. I can only get the Shade Group ID from with in the software not the device ID.

As for the shade feed back It would be very benificial if QS could broadcast shade position while moving. When I integrate a shade to a touch panel my animated gif will only spring to the position the shade is going not where the shade is. If we could get a monitoring option that we could turn on if we want to track shades. How ever under Lutron app when I use a shade slider it does send the feed back as you move the slider. If i send the shade to specific level using terminal or a preset it just sends the value of where the shade is going. I mention this because I am possibly loosing a shade job to Crestron because I can't accurately make my graphics work with Lutron shades. The Crestron shades send the feedback while moving.
    Are you sure the Crestron shades are actually providing feedback? I think it's more likely that the Crestron programmer has generated the animation based on start/stop positions. You can do this with Lutron and *almost* any control system.

I did make my own feed back for Lutron it is based on timing on how long the shade takes to move. It works but isn't accurate in every scenario. Yes Crestron has feed back. Lutron can send the feed back needed to make it correct. When you pulse the shade up and down the feed back is there however when you run the shade up or down Lutron only send the position the shade is going to.