Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Issues with Heatmiser RS485 using BF-430

Issues with Heatmiser RS485 using BF-430

I have been commissioning a large project containing 41 heatmiser thermostats. I have link assigned 2x 3rd Party HVAC devices to 2 processors using individual BF-430 RS485 to IP converters as recommended by Lutron. I have not exceeded the limit of 32 thermostats per 3rd Party HVAC and have followed the Homeworks QS Heatmiser HVAC integration guide assigning each thermostat with a unique ID number to match the homeworks programming.

I'm experiencing intermittent control. Using the homecontrol+ app sometimes the current temperature works but more often not. I have some control on some thermostats but not all and the control I have is unreliable. I am questioning the settings I have applied in the BF-430. I have basically used the quick setup page to enter the relevant information but wonder if I am missing a crucial setting?

Does anyone have experience of commissioning the BF-430 and/or integration with heatmiser RS485?

Many thanks in advance

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for the post. In order to best help wiht this application, could you please provide us with the information below:

- What version of the app you are using? If you are not using 8.1 or 8.2, please try using one of these versions
    - Could you please describe in detail how the thermostats are physically connected to the system? How is the layout of the network and processor and thermostats? If you have a rough diagram it would be useful as well
    - Send us the latest copy of the project file
    - Send us the app logs from the phone that last reproduced the issue. You do not need to be connected to the system. In order to provide us a support file from the app, please go to the system page and click on the 'i' and choose the option to "send feedback". On the email created, please ensure you add hwsupport@lutron.com and reference this forum post.

If you do go back to site before we see your project file, try using the 8.1 or 8.2 version of the app, please try to reproduce the issue, and connect to the processo in "Tools->Terminal" Send the command "outboundconnections" to see the third party connection status and commands. Right click on the terminal screen and choose the option to "save log" for us to see this. Also, please create a support file from the system while connected to the processor by going to "help->support->create support file"

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    Thank you for the post. In order to best help wiht this application, could you please provide us with the information below:

- What version of the app you are using? If you are not using 8.1 or 8.2, please try using one of these versions
    - Could you please describe in detail how the thermostats are physically connected to the system? How is the layout of the network and processor and thermostats? If you have a rough diagram it would be useful as well
    - Send us the latest copy of the project file
    - Send us the app logs from the phone that last reproduced the issue. You do not need to be connected to the system. In order to provide us a support file from the app, please go to the system page and click on the 'i' and choose the option to "send feedback". On the email created, please ensure you add hwsupport@lutron.com and reference this forum post.

If you do go back to site before we see your project file, try using the 8.1 or 8.2 version of the app, please try to reproduce the issue, and connect to the processo in "Tools->Terminal" Send the command "outboundconnections" to see the third party connection status and commands. Right click on the terminal screen and choose the option to "save log" for us to see this. Also, please create a support file from the system while connected to the processor by going to "help->support->create support file"
    Hi Armando, response sent. Thanks

Forgot to mention I tried with 8.2 app to no avail :(

here is a very rough diagram.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rough diagram.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	314

Many Thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for the additional information. We also received your logs in our email account. We will be reviewing this information and when we have more information we will be updating you.