Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LQSE-4S-10-D cause all other device on same link to crash

LQSE-4S-10-D cause all other device on same link to crash

Hi everyone,

So I'm currently working on this project where they have 22 DIN devices on link 1 (mainly of 2 types : LQSE-4D and LQSE-4S-10-D).

When I plug the bus on module 19 (LQSE-4S-10-D) everything goes into led cycling mode, I have to remove the link from this device to have the system back on again...

What can cause that ? Is there a way to upgrade/reset/reload a firmware into this module, right now, if I create a bus with only the processor and this module, I can't reach it to perform any kind of activity...

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for this post. From the description, there may be a few possibilities. The connection to the module 19 may have a wiring issue. You could try putting different modules in this location; if the devices still cycle, it means there is a wiring issue at this point and we would recommend revising the phoenix connection. Please endure pins 3 and 4 are not touching, or crossed, etc.

If you think the module may be the issue, connect the module to other positions in the bus. Anytime this module is connected to any position in the bus, is the entire link crashing or cycling?

To upgrade the firmware of a din rail module, please only have a single module in the link and go to "Tools->Upgrade DPM Devices".

Hi thank you for your answer,

All those modules are daisy chained and the others are working... I'll check for a cross between 3 and 4... and i'll try and connect the module directly to the processor and see what it does...

Still crashing

Hi, me again,

So I checked, and even when i'm connecting directly the faulty module to the processor, it's not loading the firmware, there is no way to activate this device also on the link... it used to be activated and it used to work... I ordered a new module to switch but i don't understand what can cause this ....

If someone has an idea ?

Same Problem on LQSE-4T10

Hi All
    I too have this issue, but with a LQSE-4T10 it was working but now causes the LEDS to cycle on the keypads and nothing works on the bus.If I disconnect this everything works fine.
    Did Lutron ever come back to you with an idea what might cause this??
    P

Quote Originally Posted by Steex077 View Post
    Hi, me again,

So I checked, and even when i'm connecting directly the faulty module to the processor, it's not loading the firmware, there is no way to activate this device also on the link... it used to be activated and it used to work... I ordered a new module to switch but i don't understand what can cause this ....

If someone has an idea ?

Peter,

This sounds like a short or wiring issue on the module or by the module. The keypads scrolling means they do not have communication to the processor. We would recommend using a new cable, and pigtailing the 4T10 to the QS link with nothing else connected. After confirming the zones work from diagnostics, add keypads one by one or wire run by wire run. That usually allows you to best see if there are any issues with the wiring.

Hi Armando
    Many thanks for your reply, we tried this and its still a problem, will not activate or can be seen on the bus.
    I have taken some measurements of the four pins and wondered if this shows any abnormalities?

My measurements are as follows:
    Voltages DC
    Common terminal to Positive terminal
    1 to 2 22.5v (Meter range 200v)
    1 to 3 10.09v (Meter range 20v)
    1 to 4 0.065v (Meter range 200mv)

2 to 3 -12.4v (Meter range 20v)
    2 to 4 -22.4v (Meter range 200v)

3 to 4 -9.95v (Meter range 20v)

The measurements are taken with power applied to the 4T module – no loads connected and the mux link cable removed from the processor.
    Rgds
    P

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    Peter,

This sounds like a short or wiring issue on the module or by the module. The keypads scrolling means they do not have communication to the processor. We would recommend using a new cable, and pigtailing the 4T10 to the QS link with nothing else connected. After confirming the zones work from diagnostics, add keypads one by one or wire run by wire run. That usually allows you to best see if there are any issues with the wiring.

Where are you specifically measuring the voltages?
    If its on the QS link where they connect to the processor, pins 1-3 shouls be around 1-4V max, and you are seeing 10. Try disconnecting pin 2 if it is connected. Pins 1-4 should be around 1V, it looks to be too low. It looks like you have a short or wiring to this connection. We would recommend trying a different cable and connection to the processor. Do other working units have the same or different voltages?

At the Mux connector on the module with no connection to the processor and power (mains voltage) applied to the module.

I have not checked other modules, they all work at the moment.

There seems to be an issue with the voltages that unit is seeing. I would want to compare what values the other modules have for that connection, and if it is different, physically swap two modules to see if the issue stays with the module or the location, and if the modules Voltages on those pins change when they are swapped. Once on site, it would be good to work with tech support over the phone for additional troubleshooting steps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast