Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Unable to extract file from Main Repeater

Unable to extract file from Main Repeater

Hi,

I am at a clients home trying to fix programming issues left behind by another installer who will not return for service. Unfortunately I have been unsuccessful extracting the file I have inclusive software versions 7.1, 7.5 and 8.1 and neither work. It fiinds the repeater but returns the error "unable to communicate with the selected repeater". I have tried extracting multiple ways - over wifi, connected via ethernet to the router and statically assigning an IP address to my laptop and hardwiring my laptop directly to the repeater. I have been able to extract the XML file and I know that the repeater is running firmware version 6.3.

If I am unable to extract the file, what does this mean in terms of programming? Do I have to factory reset the repeater and all dimmers and start from scratch? If so, does that mean that I have to remove all dimmer, switches etc. to figure out what was installed? I sure hope not! Many thanks for your help.

Get a hold of sw rev 6.3 or anything pre 7.x and see if file extraction is even support or available in those earlier revs.

I think it did start at 7.x but I can't say for sure.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Thanks for the reply. I got a hold of support (excellent by the way) and after quite a bit of troubleshooting, they forwarded me a copy of V6.3 and I was able to easily extract the file with that. If anyone else has this issue, it appears that if you use the same software version that is on the Master Repeater, you'll have better success at extracting the file. Someone else on these forums mentioned that and I thank them as I suggested this to support and they gladly sent me the file.

Extraction became available with V6.0 I believe.

That good, hopefully they've fix version dependencies cuz that's pretty stupid.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT