Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Adjusting serena shades lower and upper limits

Adjusting serena shades lower and upper limits

Hello there.
    I'd like to know 2 things (btw, if it makes a difference, all shades are serena honeycomb):
    1-Can we adjust the lower end of a serena shades to lower than the factory default? Not by much, I need it to go lower by less than 1/2 an inch.

2-On one of my shades, when the shade reaches the top, the led button blinks red (quickly) for about 30 seconds. It does that wheter I pressed the (Open" button or the "Raise" button on the Pico. Does this means the upper level is set to higher than what it should be? My 2 other shades don't do that.

3-Can we use a pico that's been paired to the shades through a smart bridge pro to adjust the lower and upper limits? Currently all my shades have been paired through the SBP and the procedure to adjust upper or lower limit (sections 4.2 and 4.3 of the instruction leaflet), and it doesn't seem to work at all. I can set the preset level (round button of the pico) but not the limits. If i buy a new pico and pair it with that shade, will it unpair from the SBP?

It would be great if there was a way to set the limits and the presets through the app of the SBP.

Thank you for your answers

Vinny

Meant 3 things, not 2. Questions still stand.

Vinny

So I got an answer (or 3) from Tim at tech support, and I thought I could post it here in case anyone has the same problem I did:

1 – You can adjust the lower limit down until you run out of string on the spools in the headrail. But be careful, if you go too far, the shade will start going up again as the strings wrap around the wrong way.

2 – If the shade is blinking red when it gets to the top, it is ‘crashing’. You should set your upper limit a bit lower.

3 – You would use the Caseta App to set the limits if the shade is assigned to the Smart Bridge. You can only set limits from a PICO if the PICO is directly assigned to the shade.

I hope this is helpful. If you want real-time help, call us 24/7 at 800-523-9466.

Tim

Note about #3: In the app, there's an "edit" option, which for shades includes setting top and bottom limits. You can also change the icon so it resembles your window a bit more. It's kinda cool.

4. Thanks Blair S. thanked for this post
    Likes Blair S. liked this post